Chart Package for QQQ's

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chamol, Jan 4, 2002.

1. chamol

chamol

Thanks, Sharps4570

I appreciate the input, something to watch for as I test ride it. Good trading, and appreciate your input.

#11     Jan 4, 2002
  2. chamol

chamol

Hi, Eddy

I was not aware of the package that you have recommended. I will check it out. Thanks for the help. Do you trade only the QQQ's or more???

#12     Jan 4, 2002
  3. Honda

Honda

By any chance have you seen Don Millers trading the QQQ's video? I think he uses a 3 minute chart with stochastics.

#13     Jan 5, 2002
  4. coops

coops

I use Quicken Quotes live - just under 40/month. No futures but otherwise very good - has 1min, 2.5 min (not quite 3min I know!), 5min, 15 min, 1/2 hr, hrly. daily,weekly timescales - and some good looking charts. Feed is reliable (more so than IB's recently).

Nextrend is also an option - has futures, but i believe you'll always have an annoying ad window floating around - just couldn't face trying to relearn their clunky or 'odd' way of changing setups etc just how you like it. QQL by comparison was pretty intuitive.

coops

#14     Jan 5, 2002
  5. chamol

chamol

Thanks, Honda

I have seen the add for it and talked to them. I asked for a small sample of the tape or at least a fairly detailed outline of the content, as I am reticent to give them $800 without knowing if it is worthwhile.

There are so many folks out there who are 'Professors of Day Trading' but have never made a dime actually trading. It appears from the add that Miller does not fall into that category as he advertises that he has made a living for two years, but this is a broad claim not supported by anything. His company told me they would 'make sure I was pleased with the tapes' but when asked, could not tell me how they would do it, if I was not impressed with the material.

Most of these things have a guarantee of some sort, and he would probably do a lot more business if he did. I would certainly buy it if there was some sort of a guarantee, or at least a bit more information - like how much is his average profit per day over a year, per share traded.

Did you buy the tapes??

Appreciate your help.

#15     Jan 5, 2002
  6. chamol

chamol

Hi, Coops

Thanks for your advice on the charting packages.

I will check out Quicken Quotes as I was not aware of their package.

Do you trade the QQQ's??

Best regards

#16     Jan 5, 2002
  7. Honda

Honda

Nope, didn't buy the tapes for the same reason you described. I've been waiting for someone else that has & then offer their opinion. It sounds like he uses Jea Yu's strategy from the underground trader.

#17     Jan 5, 2002
  8. chamol-
    i use Realtick3 and I love it, but its a bit more $ than some others..I've been thinking about switching to Quicken quotes Live..it looks pretty good for $50 per mo.
    if you go to www.daytradingstocks.com he has a whole section of data/quote providers...pretty much has a link to every service out there
    Happy Trading

#18     Jan 5, 2002
  9. IRAF

IRAF

I actually recently bought his tapes and found them to be very informative. I was also very hesitant to spend $800 without any guarantee, but having seen Miller present at the TM 2001 conference I decided that he does have interesting insights to offer and finally bought the tapes.

He does share his strategies and about 2 hours of the tapes are spend with Don doing live trading at the seminar. I personally found the tapes well worth the money and would recommend them to anyone learning to trade the Qs, like myself.

On top of that, after watching the tape I had some questions about the material presented, I contacted Don Miller on several occasions and his responses each time were very quick and helpful.

Hope this helps.

IRAF

#19     Jan 5, 2002
  10. chamol

chamol

Thanks, IRAF

I really appreciate your insight on Wilson's tapes. Very helpful to get this from a fellow QQQ's trader, as unless you are devoted to the QQQ's, you would wonder about the value in these tapes.

I now intend to follow in your footsteps, and purchase the tapes from him as well. Only one or two little refinements should soon pay for the investment.

What do you think about the idea of asking Elite to have a topic dedicated to the QQQ's?

Seems to me that exchanging techniques might be helpful to all concerned.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your post.

#20     Jan 6, 2002