chart colors best for your eyes?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by elit, Sep 22, 2006.

1. On average I'd say 8 to 10 hours a day; 4 to 5 hours on charts and 4 to 5 hours additional on emails & research. I don't scroll up and down on the charts and never zoom in or out. Charts are always at a fixed location.

#11     Sep 22, 2006
  2. I saw this once in the 60's at Watkins Glenn but it was in the middle of a field of naked women.:D

#12     Sep 22, 2006
  3. for ib charts i cannot find a better combination, easier on the eye and as clear and transparent; background-dark grey/ gridline-grey/up bar-white/down bar-red/tail, shadow-black.

#13     Sep 22, 2006
  4. light grey background, beige grid, green/red candles

#14     Sep 22, 2006
  5. black background

white text

and..

a field of beautiful women

#15     Sep 22, 2006
  6. Wifey doesnt object?

#16     Sep 22, 2006
  7. She knows I am a red blooded American boy after 19 years of marriage :) or errr...should I say a black blooded and white text American boy :) :)

#17     Sep 22, 2006
  8. I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that you should alter the colors on a regular basis to give your eyes a change of pace. I still use reds and greens for my bars, but go in and adjust the shades a little on a weekly basis. I tend to stick to the lighter colors for backgrounds and ease my way through very light, changing pastels.

Cheers,

Paul

#18     Sep 25, 2006
  9. And what about round charts rather than those rectangular ones with the harsh, unforgiving corners?

#19     Sep 25, 2006
    paveli likes this.