Charlotte, North Carolina traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by vguy, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Charlotte is an example of Corporate Welfare, at it's finest. I'm still trying to figure how we got a new arena and NBA team.

#21     Jan 11, 2006
  2. TGregg

TGregg

I wanna know how I can get a new building or six. :)

Go Panthers! Man, if we play as well as we have been playing, we could take Da Bears. But if we play as poorly as we've shown we can, we'll get creamed again.

Should be a more exciting game than our last one, hard to think we could own Chicago like we did New York.

#22     Jan 11, 2006
  3. For one, the hurricanes suck big time, the last one this year would have knocked the crap out of me, my friend across the street had $74k worth of damage to his house of which insurance claimed depreciation and paid him 55% after paying the deductable.

Two, I was raised a southerner, I couldn't take all the New Yorkers down there. Never go to a restaurant before 8 because you'll hear the retired NY'ers complaining about A. How this isn't nearly as good as it is in NY or B. How much they hate NY. I know, thats late but some of them go to dinner after bridge. Those people are crazy stressful.

Three, my fiance hated her job and couldn't find any corporate jobs in PB county she wanted and pretty much got handed one up here.

Plus we can practically buy a mansion here for what a two bedroom condo costs down there. But a friend of mine down there signed for a townhouse in November and by the time he moved in in March, it was going for $120k more.

I do miss the hell out of the beach and never having any grey days. But take away the traffic and Charlotte is a pretty good place to live for the most part. If I can make the same money anywhere, my expenses are almost half here that they were down there. And all the Panthers and Tarheel games are on TV here.

#23     Jan 11, 2006
  4. did people living west of the turnpike get hurt as badly?
    I lived in se Fl for two years but that was before the crazy hurricanes started showing up.

#24     Jan 12, 2006

5. From what I heard it was worse on the west side of palm beach and brevard counties because the storm came from that direction. Of course downtown Fort Lauderdale looked like crap afterwards. I lived right by the turnpike and my friends there said it was awful. They said the debris and damage they saw driving around decreased as you got closer to the ocean.

#25     Jan 14, 2006
  6. Wow.. what a great win for the Panthers. Scary game though, but we came through like I knew we would.

#26     Jan 15, 2006
  7. What a great game, beat hawks next week!

Go Panthers!

#27     Jan 15, 2006
  8. Foster might not be able to play next Sunday, Peppers got hurt too.

How about Steve Smith?!!!

#28     Jan 15, 2006
  9. Thats what happens when you take the wildcard road to the Super Bowl. Each week, we lose some.. but we strive on.

I am actually glad we're not playing any home playoff games since we play better on the road.

Seattle is going to be a tough game, and not many wildcard teams have 3 road wins in them.

#29     Jan 15, 2006
  10. chapper

chapper

I am in the South Charlotte area also, and I also attend some of the IBD meetings. The last meeting was pretty good...

Go Panthers, I agree, Seattle will be very tough, especially without Foster... but Goings is one of the best back ups in the league, so as long as we don't commit too many turnovers / stupid mistakes, we have a very good chance to win. :D

#30     Jan 18, 2006