Charlie Munger calls bitcoin ‘disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization’

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by themickey, May 2, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Very interesting info. Did you know that Uranus' angle of tilt is 98 degrees? Just because I thought if we are throwing around irrelevant facts, that was a good one. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    #41     May 3, 2021
    seandavidson likes this.
  2. virtusa

virtusa

That's obvious, BTC is thin air, while the companies you mention have billions in assets. Blowing up a balloon goes quicker than building factories and warehouse, hire millions of workers and have a real business.

It is also possible that BTC will break the record for going from trillions to zero in the shortest time ever.

#42     May 3, 2021
    VPhantom, albion, Nobert and 2 others like this.
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You should take a tour of one of the thousands of bitcoin mining facilities and tell me if the buildings, servers, employees (and their paychecks) and the other required resources are all just "thin air".

#43     May 3, 2021
    Sprout and johnarb like this.
  4. Source please.

#44     May 3, 2021
  5. It would be awesome if they were thin air, right now they are already producing environmental waste and energy on epic proportions.

#45     May 3, 2021
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

7. Thats taken completely out of context. He believes that if companies in countries with substandard manufacturing and quality standards produced the vaccine that this would cause more harm than good. He never advocated that any person in the third world should have lesser access to the vaccine than you and I. In fact almost all current vaccines are manufactured and sold at cost. So, you are spreading false information. Thats all i say about this as i dont like to derail the interesting discussion in this thread

#47     May 3, 2021
  8. ZBZB

ZBZB

only the Astra Zeneca Covid vaccine is non profit, all others are for profit. Standing up for a monopolist who got lucky because his mother knew the chairman of IBM.

#48     May 3, 2021
  9. Absolutely not true. Most vaccines are sold at 15 dollars per dose. That is at cost when you consider how much money was poured into the research, trials, regulatory approval process, manufacturing. The transport and special cooling costs alone 4 or 5 dollars a dose alone. Get your facts straight before you publish this nonsense.

#49     May 3, 2021
  10. ZBZB

ZBZB

You are ill informed about multiple issues. Let me know what you are trading so I can take the other side.

who the fuck are you to tell me to stop publishing? I shall say what I want to you.

#50     May 3, 2021
    Sprout and johnarb like this.