Charleston SC traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by brocklanders, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Anyone here trade from Charleston SC or surrounding areas? I moved here 4 years ago from Atlanta and love the area but trading alone is starting to bore me to death. I'm in the Mt Pleasant area and trade mostly futures (ES, CL, EuroFX). Might be interested in getting some office space downtown also down the road if the right opportunity comes up. Looking for others in a similar situation to possibly share the cost and trading ideas. Let me know.

2. Put your same posting on Craigslist for your area. Try not to be too annoyed by replies from students, old farts and prostitutes. :cool:

3. I am not selling a car or having a garage sale...I'll keep craigslist in mind if I do though.

4. 1) I was referring to the "community" ads in the upper-left corner of the main Craigslist page. You could consider one of those forums there.
    2) You could also consider establishing a group on LinkedIn.com. You could "advertise" your group in other trading-related and Charleston-related groups. :cool:

5. ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not. I have not been on the community part of craigslist. Will check it out.

6. How do you like living there? It's on my list of possible places to live at some point.

There was a member some time back who lived in Snee Farms, but I don't recall his name.

7. I love living here. Where I live, Mount Pleasant, has low property taxes, low crime and excellent public schools, so you don't have the added cost of a private school. It is very popular for raising kids and there are a lot of transplants from the North East here. Its further outside of downtown but is still only a 15-20 minutes drive to the peninsula.

The cost of living and real estate prices in downtown Charleston is higher but you are paying for the location. Charleston has great restaurants, beautiful beaches/rivers/tidal creeks/marshes (this is _the Lowcountry_!), museums, festivals, historical sites etc.

For a city of its size, Charleston has a good deal going for it in my opinion. You have what you would expect to find in a large city but it still has a small/medium size town feel.

There is an "international" airport but you won't find many direct flights to and from Charleston unless you are going to Atlanta, Charlotte or another flight hub city. I have never seen an international flight direct from here so I'm guessing the airports name is more wishful thinking than reality.

If you have any other specific questions, let me know.

8. I might be interested. How can I get in touch with you?

9. Isn't eWall Street in Mount Pleasant, SC?
    Automated Trading Desk/ Citi's Quant Operations.

What's this eWall street area like down there?
    Few years back it was advertised as the hustle and bustle of NY with sweet tea and southern belles?

All I remember is the mosquitoes down there have spines. Good golf though.

10. We have agroup down there so let me know if you would like to meet with them

#10     Jan 25, 2010