Charles Schwab lands DOJ approval to buy TD Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Banjo

Banjo

Charles Schwab Corp. said the U.S. Justice Department's antitrust division has closed its investigation of the company's proposed acquisition of TD Ameritrade Holding Corp., clearing the path for the $26 billion combination that would cement Schwab's role as a dominant player in the discount-brokerage market.

The deal is expected to close in the second half of the year, with integration likely to take between 18 and 36 months, Schwab said. The proposed combination attracted regulators' scrutiny because of the firms' dominant positions in the industry and their direct contact with individual investors.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/charles-schwab-td-ameritrade-acquisition-doj-approval

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2020
    dealmaker likes this.
  2. That's quite the WOW, considering he once sold out his company... then bought it back... and now this.

ironchef likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Again the only reason why this buyout of ameritrade took place.......

ROBINHOOD

apdxyk likes this.
  4. Edmond

Edmond

Jim Herbert of First Republic and the Haas’s of Levi Strauss did the same with their companies. It was very lucrative for them.

5. I have had Schwab since the early 90's. I don't have a bank. Schwab's customer service is excellent which I why I have been with them so long.

I was speaking to a guy there and he said they were going to use Think or Swim as their trading platform.

I was able to open an account with Ameritrade with free real time data with no fees and no need to put money in. Don't know if was a special or standard.

Anyway, TOS is excellent once you learn the ins and outs of it and Schwab needed a good platform in the worse way.

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

????
    Streetsmart Edge is off the charts good Hari.
    Are you an active trader?
    Whatever or whoever they buy... they won't mess with SSE.

7. They may let you keep SSE. Open a TOS account. Its free. All online. Just see what you think.

I use TradeStation and IB and have used pretty much everything out there over the years. TOS is probably the best out there for most people.

TimtheEnchanter, vanzandt and apdxyk like this.