Charles Nenner simply unbelievable

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lorenzo, Sep 6, 2006.

1. but, have you seen him make such predictions, and then have seen them come true?

or, have you seen him tell you what he predicted, and tell you what he predicts going forward?

my point is the same as before - he can be an unknown that got it right, got selected by cnbc because he did get it right, (out of the entire field of predictors and their predictions that are all over the place), then gets cocky and makes predictions for this fall, which may or may not pan out

does he have any verified track record prior to this spring? it's odd that they didnt mention it in the interview, if it were any good.

i dont mean to be cycnical, but there's so much bs out there - you've really got to pay attention to what they DONT say

#11     Sep 6, 2006
  2. Pfft, I saw all of his high low predictions come true in the past few months (and not only that I've made quite a profit by taking his calls into account swing trading, though I took those positions only after thorough research of my own, including the move today), while I was quite amused by the bemused StockCharts.com chartists and others mentioned on this site make blunders left and right (especially when it comes to making calls on big market moves; what's funnier is the way they all made the same mistake; there's one guy there who's been consistently right but even more importantly, sensible, but I won't say who).
    I don't care if Nenner's calls have not been as accurate in the past or how he will do in the future - what he said (and the way he said it) in that clip together with the market action I've seen are enough to make me respect him as an outstanding market strategist (as supposed to 1000 analysts that come and go on CNBC who are bullish or bearish on the market based on p/e this, p/s that).
    And as a market person, my conern is not "Ok is this guy gonna be right again and again time after time?" or "How many monkeys would I need to make a perfect market prediction?". It's "Ok, there's a guy out there who's an outstanding market strategist - what can I do to be like him?"

JSL
    CFA Pending

#12     Sep 6, 2006
  3. S2007S

S2007S

14580 on the dow sometime in 2007, I have to disagree. With the housing slowdown coming its not going to be a good 2007. I think the drop leading into the end of the year is more accurate. I think the markets fall even harder then they did in June and July then make a steady slow climb back up, but not to 14580.

#13     Sep 6, 2006
  4. S2007S

S2007S

after watching the video and seeing that he predicted both times right, im going to say it was luck. Thats all. He said the market would sell off into the end of the year. If anyone has a website where he posts his market data info I would be interested in viewing it. Would like to know when he calls the next bottom in this market for 2006. Will it be 11250, 11100, 10989, 10850, 10762, 10668, 10500.....

#14     Sep 6, 2006
  5. that's my point, he picked 2 times right

and nobody's said *anything* about his record prior to spring of this year

#15     Sep 7, 2006
  6. no, more like having monkeys throw poo at numbers on a board

one of them will hit the right number

or having cages of chickens at a state fair, with spx numbers on the bottom of the cage

one of them will drop on the right number

#16     Sep 7, 2006
  7. in any case, it's far more important to learn to *observe and react* to turning points when they occur, rather than trying to find some 'guru' who can 'predict' them

you need to trade what you see, rather than what someone else thinks

#17     Sep 7, 2006