Charles Cottle baby butterflies

Discussion in 'Options' started by emulimu, Jun 18, 2019.

1. jamesbp

jamesbp

Mentoring is difficult in the UK for a couple of reasons

... culturally ... we are used to getting 'free' education ... and not having to pay for it
    ... support infrastructure ... there is almost no software that allows you to generate risk graphs for UK options

By the way ... you are right with your latest trade recommendation that it could get "ugly" ... put twofers for July ...

ET_pTwofers.png

#31     Jun 23, 2019
    ITM_Latino, .sigma and Windlesham1 like this.
  2. Time zone currency andfamiliarity with the crap UK market- also indolence sloth and morbid dread of new online platforms

#32     Jun 29, 2019
  3. Thanks for the laugh Mark!

#33     Jun 30, 2019
  4. 100% agree...

I think the most ideal path is to use investing/trading as a tool for supplementary "residual" income.

Have a good day job, and on the side have that money work for you in either property investments and brokerage accounts.

For brokerage accounts you should have at least one investment Schwab account that is the typical mutual-fund, etf, bonds, long portfolio.

Then have another account with TD and thinkorswim and trade your hard earned strategy you studied and tested for years on end for.

Stable job, low risk/return account, and high risk/return account.

#34     Jun 30, 2019
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  5. [QUOTE="MarkBrown,
    I worked for one of the largest option traders that ever lived. He 3 rules one of them was "We don't buy options here we only sell them" he owned a jet so I listened. 20 years latter I owned a jet also, so when people start talking about buying options I think it's criminal.[/QUOTE]

Can we see a picture of your jet?

I've had a very good year , mostly buying ootm calls in the ES during this massive rally.

So I have some spare change that I'd like to roll into something tangible like a private jet

tia

#35     Jun 30, 2019
  6. destriero

destriero

He lives in a $300K hovel which allows him to afford that jet!

#bently

His audit:

2019-06-30_19-14-55.png

#36     Jun 30, 2019
    Philo Judeaus likes this.
  7. His independently audited average per annum return of 21.74% is better than Claude Shannon's and Ed Thorp.

What a legend!

#37     Jul 1, 2019
    destriero likes this.