Charging ahead to push electric cars

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Dec 27, 2008.

1. #21     Jan 1, 2009
  2. Derrick1983

This is actually very interesting....

As a part of energy reform....Why not a running bar electric provider in each lane....This would both run and charge the batteries....One would pay tolls via a car distance meter....just another monthly electric bill....

Accidents would become relatively nonexistant....energy would evolve into 100% renewables via solar, wind electricity....

The new "electric highway" could be a viable government project...

Vehicles could be owned or "rented for very small amounts"....

Pollution...."eventually gone"....

"Reliability" soars through the roof....

"Safety" soars....Insurance costs drops like a stone...

"Transportation costs" drop dramatically over time........

And the ugly part of transportation disappears forever.....

Why not ?

#22     Jan 1, 2009
  3. Electric ain't happening. Neither is hydrogen, compressed air or any other of the jetson shit. NG is the solution.

#24     Jan 3, 2009
  4. I'd like to see ya try and take that on a plane.

#25     Jan 3, 2009
  5. nursebee

nursebee

I'm gonna go Amish!

#26     Jan 3, 2009
  6. Somebody has to pay for the guaranty. All that will do is make the entry cost at an even higher cost premium.

#27     Jan 3, 2009
  7. Kris

Kris

Why do you say that?

#28     Jan 3, 2009
  8. Frostie

Frostie

There has and always will be a high commercial demand for long term electricity storage, and the fact they haven't hit a milestone after the years of research tells us that they likely won't improve the storage capacity of batteries to where they become efficient for long haul travel with significant pay load. Our electricity grid that operates right now is demand based, when the demand goes up so does the production. WHen the demand goes down at night, 20% of daytime load, the production shuts down. You are literally using electricity that was generated a few seconds ago to power your computer. How sweet it would be if they could make power plants 50% smaller and store the night time production...but it ain't happening. These types of power storage systems would be the water towers of water distribution systems, and the capital cost for new plants could be reduced significantly.

I don't see electric cars as being the end all be all of enviromental protection. What fuel is being burned to produce all this extra electricity we are going to need to power these cars? I don't know how much of our electricity is produced from sustainable, renewable resources..but its not much.

#29     Jan 3, 2009
  9. Too bad Mr. Tesla is not around in these exciting times. We still run our economy on his patents almost hundred years later.
    Some people should never die...

#30     Jan 3, 2009