Charged anew 11,000% of comm. fees for 1900 trades, and 570% of money used to trade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderManiac, May 5, 2006.

Is X justified to reclaim the $9.95 base commission fees?

1. No, not any

23 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. No, but $0.70 per trade (IB's rate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, all

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Yes, but only 50%

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Fighter

Fighter

Canada don't welcome you, ElectricSavant to come here for only
    retire. Canada is not a free place to live.

#41     May 5, 2006
  2. Fighter

Fighter

Oh sorry for. It is off the topic.

#42     May 5, 2006
  3. ok I will leave my money in the USA if they do not want it...:)

#43     May 5, 2006
  4. plugger

plugger

Luckily today I managed to free myself from my shackles and managed to post a few messages. But alas, here come the freedom guards to put my chains back on.

What the hell are you talking about?

#44     May 5, 2006
  5. most likely they are pocketing those ticket charges (the 6k). I wouldnt pay them sh*t especially if the fees werent listed on you reports or they werent providing you with one. Its a shady business and theres no way they will persue legal action because it will do more harm to them and expose their dirtball tactics!!!

#45     May 5, 2006
  6. Electric...

Please help me organize my time so I too can waste it (uh, I mean spend more time on ET) analyzing posts such as you did above. It reminds me of someone editing a lengthy trial transcript for an Appellate brief. How DO you find all the time ??! Please send me the book you read on how to organize and manage one's valuable time! :D :confused:

Also, what are you angry about - sounds like you're pissed off at this guy. Is he your son or business partner?! :D :D

regards,

IcE
    :cool:

p.s. and in blue no less

#46     May 5, 2006
  7. Iceman your one cool blue dude,

I do not require much sleep I guess...I don't really know..

Michael B.

#47     May 5, 2006
  8. plugger yes! This was the fourth different commission fee structure I was given. Don't deal with someone who is so liberal with the commission fee setup. You shouldn't place your confidence with a company that can't get it right in the first place.

With IB, the unbundled fees are a minimum of $0.70 per order:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commission.php?ib_entity=ca

#48     May 6, 2006
  9. TraderManiac, I've only read the first few posts on this thread. I'm worried that you may be suffering from severe overtrading.

If you're profitable, you shouldn't have a problem with your commissions. If you're not, then you should slow down your trading bigtime.

Don't blame commissions if you're not profitable, although I will agree in general that commissions can severely impact your profits (depending upon your style of trading).

#49     May 6, 2006
  10. InvestorTerry when I threatened to take this to my local TV stations, to Small Claims Court, and to various other organizations I was encouraged. I don't know if they think I was bluffing, know I cannot do so legally, are plain stupid, or are hungry for the spotlight.

I think this says it all, which I told the VP/Compliance Officer/Director (big objectivity there) when he was reviewing my complaint: charging me $6,250 for those trades defeats so many purposes.

#50     May 6, 2006