Charged anew 11,000% of comm. fees for 1900 trades, and 570% of money used to trade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderManiac, May 5, 2006.

Is X justified to reclaim the $9.95 base commission fees?

1. No, not any

23 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. No, but $0.70 per trade (IB's rate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, all

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Yes, but only 50%

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. ethos I'm glad you asked that, because one time I made over $20K from a 2¢ buy. I called the company, explained the situation, and got the more than $20K removed from my account. This is the kind of guy I am.

If, on the other hand, all indications were that I was being charged correctly, I did not see a reason to bring it up after two weeks.

#31     May 5, 2006
  2. plugger

plugger

Whoa Electric, i don't think i've ever seen you use such strong language before:

"you are one twisted fuck"

Funny though!

BTW, Canada is a really nice place.

Why does anyone screw around with these stupid side deals? Use a broker where the charges are upfront and stated. No possibility for dispute.

What kind of trading were you doing with $1100 in capital? Am I misunderstanding this? 3 shares at a time? IB charges a minimum ticket price of $2.00 if i'm not mistaken.

#32     May 5, 2006
  3. u are pretty funny man; u agreed on a deal...u suddently see da commish charges don't add up but cuz they work in u favor u decide to zip u mouth...then when da whole mistake come to lite u try to hang on to u delusion'n'think u were on da right afterall, innit[?]

u're nutz imo.

#33     May 5, 2006
  4. TraderManiac, try calling Patrick at X and telling him you are going to take the story to the newsmedia and see what he says.

#34     May 5, 2006
  5. Dude...you know the truth...

Michael B.

#35     May 5, 2006
  6. Even better...show Patrick X this thread :)
    legal schmegal...not an issue...

#36     May 5, 2006
  7. sounds like ameritrade. where our motto is" even though it might say its canceled,it might not be." whatever suits us and our payment for order flow.:D

#37     May 5, 2006
  8. It's just that there is a piece of TraderManiac in all of us. Don't think that I do not understand his arguement. (his best tact, is to go for a mercy settlement, believe me, he can get something with that)

I just want to help him. The only way he can get peace, is to deal with it!

Michael B.

#38     May 5, 2006
  9. plugger

plugger

You're one up on me. I really don't understand his argument.

#39     May 5, 2006
  10. He relied upon the online platform as a basis for his decisions...thats the argument!!

If he went to arbitration, the admition of the mistake by Patrick might be hard to prove, but could be the negligence argument...

Now what do you think Patrick will admit to, in arbitration?

Folks, I know what I am talking about...

Canadian affairs, Law and customs I may not be up on, but I do agree... I think Canada is a great place...I may even want to retire there someday...

Do they arbitrate these matters or can he use the courts in Canada?

Michael B.

#40     May 5, 2006