Charged anew 11,000% of comm. fees for 1900 trades, and 570% of money used to trade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderManiac, May 5, 2006.

Is X justified to reclaim the $9.95 base commission fees?

1. No, not any

23 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. No, but $0.70 per trade (IB's rate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, all

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Yes, but only 50%

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. dandxg that will me make so happy. Thank you.

It feels good to have some share my point of view, because there is simply no justification for such negligence. And I have a cash account; I'm supposed be protected against debt. Why was I loaned $6,250 without my knowledge?

#11     May 5, 2006
  2. ummmm...without your knowledge? hmmmm....

This is a waste of time...you made your deal....you had a verbal gentlemens agreement....

I do not think you are getting this and I am not going to waste my time anymore in this thread...

try lieing ....maybe you can get a 50% mercy settlement...

(why in the world, did you continue to trade when you saw the color of the horse)

#12     May 5, 2006
  3. ElectricSavant Patrick said I will be charged in a certain way, but I wasn't. What right do they have to reclaim the uncharged amounts?

#13     May 5, 2006
  4. Fighter

Fighter

TraderManiac and Patrick. You both are stupid. Let me say this way.

Which broker? one of largest Canadian direct access brokers???

E*trade Canada, TD discount or CIBC edge, Ameritrade canada.
    I say it for you. IB Canada, oh, not this one, it is too small.

You don't have courage to speak out. You can make Patrick out of job.
    Why you afraid of him.

To Patrick, the guy is idiot manager who target a small guy and lose its company credibility at least reputation which is worth millions of dollar.

The real consequent is the comapny lose commision $4000 you or TraderManiac owe. That is worst deal I have seen.

To TraderManiac, I thought you got 649 lottery winning number and daytrade on your own money.

your money even cannot make living. How you dare to go daytrade.
    What are in your mind to go trade? oh, not nice.

Make me excuse, forgive me if I am off topic and I really don't have time to contribute message which is worth $$$ per minutes.

#14     May 5, 2006
  5. its all you...

You knew what you agreed to...

I have a question for you?...

Why did you continue to trade with them? Why didn't you take the agreement and cash out?...and move on, as you stated in your verbal agreement?

What happened afterwards was all you...

But like I said, I am not going to waste my time here...just take my advice, I am older and more experienced than you. But you will not listen, I know.

Take some trading lessons before you jump back in the water too...

When telling someone what they do not want to hear, it is best to be direct. I feel bad for you and your loss, I do not hate you, I do not even know you TraderManiac, but move on.

This fellow Patrick wanted to move on through directness too....Go for the 50% mercy settlement with Patricks boss...You should be in damage control mode now.

Michael B.

#15     May 5, 2006
  6. Fighter I spoke to Patrick and had direct contacts with the VP of the company. The manner in which this company conducts itself is disgusting. I thought I was a pretty good customer, and deserve the benefit of the doubt. However, once they saw they squeezed everything they can from me, their customer relation became horrible.

For one, Patrick refused to give me the decision maker in regards to the charges. He gave me the corporate runaround: telling me others are the decision makers, who in turn tells me Patrick is. This is right down dirty business conduct from this company. Maybe the online brokerage industry is still young, because this company didn't seem to care much about fairness to the customer.

BTW Fighter you didn't include all the major Canadian players of direct access brokers.

And yes, the company has shown utter disregard for its public image, reputation, and status.

#16     May 5, 2006
  7. "I had made 1900 trades, the average trade having a value of $90 and for 3 shares."

Thats even lower than my average.

#17     May 5, 2006
  8. ElectricSavant try reading my first post more carefully.

Why should the company benefit enormously from this accident that is its cause? 570% on $1,100 in one and half month. I have been willing to compromise from the beginning, but greed has consumed them. The company wants the whole pie.

#18     May 5, 2006
  9. Accident? You had fore knowledge of the mistake so you're liable. Just because you caught it before they did and tried to take advantage of the situation means nothing. Trust me, they have the original $9.95 agreement they YOU agreed to on tape so you don't have a leg to stand on. The can easily get a judgement against you. In other words, you tried to get over on them and you got bagged.

#19     May 5, 2006
  10. Quote
    "In any particular day, I will get charged the base commission fee of $9.95 the first time I buy or sell a stock; for all other trades within the same stock and in the same day, I will get charged on a per-share basis, or 1¢ per share."

"I have been charged $6,250 for 1900 trades according to the offer he provided me before I made the trades."

Well first of all...just from your own statemements you know you deserve to pay the 6k.......you agreed to the fee structure.....you fully expected to pay the 9.95 per trade and so you figured you were gettin away with something when you wernt being charged....and now you cry to us when they do charge you which is what they should rightly do.......now obviously any good business would agree with you that they are somewhat in the wrong by not charging you and most would give you a break on some of the 6k......but you should still end up paying for most of it cause you were using a service and knew what you should been being charged...........

but for gods sake quit crying because you got caught trying to scam something for free.....pay the charges that you agreed to

#20     May 5, 2006