Chaos Mathematics Calls the top in the DOW

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by pandorasbox, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swilner

swilner

Pandora - Thanks for posting. How do GDX and GLD look under your system?

#31     Apr 27, 2007
  2. Pandoras:

Thanks for your post. I use some similar things that alert me to "extreme" points in the market. They at least help me assess when I want to be a little more cautious or be alert to a change in trend. I'm attaching a chart just so you can see the similarities. Also, we're pretty stretched vs. the 50-day so some consolidation is likely.

#32     Apr 27, 2007
  3. Hurst??? Chaos??? Cycles???

Whatever it is, you're using Tradestation so just test the thing and prove that it's got significance.

What I don't get why these people posts charts and says, "How is it?" As a matter of fact, how can all you guys give feedback?

Anyways, waiting for a TS test result... Summary and Detailed Analysis pages preferred...

#33     Apr 27, 2007
  4. For all of you who have sent me a pm regarding this indicator, I will answer some of you questions here in the open forum.

1. Did I create this indicator?
    No, I have a partner who is a scientist/mathematician who is behind the hard core science.

2. Can we swap indicators?
    No can do, sorry.

3. Has it been tested?
    Yes, it has, but not in the conventional way. In order to avoid the typical curve fitting scenarios it is tested in such a way that the results are empirical.

Maybe I will go into more detail later.

#34     Apr 27, 2007
  5. No current signals, but gold is consolidating after a weekly top extension about a year ago.

• gc.jpg
      File size:
      68.5 KB
      Views:
    #35     Apr 27, 2007
  6. @Pandorasbox,

again my question:
    How many bars are the basis of your hurst exponent indicator calculation?

bye,
    zentrader

#36     Apr 27, 2007
  7. Yeah, thanks for posting your Magical Indicator, nothing like using something that I have absolutely no use for, LMAO.

I don't suppose anyone would bother to actually learn how to draw a trendline. :p

Later dweebs,

Jimmy Jam

#37     Apr 27, 2007
  8. #38     Apr 27, 2007

9. This bull market is just getting going, should over 15000 by Christmas

#39     Apr 27, 2007
  10. LMAO
    WTF!?#! :confused: - thanks for noth'in!
    Ya, sure :p
    Looking forward to it.

JJ

#40     Apr 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.