Chaos Mathematics Calls the top in the DOW

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by pandorasbox, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well said.

Thanks to the OP for putting up their views and some supporting rationale.

#21     Apr 27, 2007

2. With all due respect kiwi, any half decent technician could produce far better than that, it doesnt tell me much i wouldnt have known, very limited and unprecise. But were talking about a couple of charts here, and im not a stocky, so-

Not everything is pretty colours and bells and whistles , but i dont feel the op HAS expanded on what its based on , at all.
    Which is why i ask-

Pandorasbox, by way of supporting rationale, do the charts posted contain "all" of the respective signals/meaningfull things , via the algorithm/parameters/formula/expert adviser shown on said posted charts?

#22     Apr 27, 2007
  3. Good points, and a fine example of a proper way to enhance a discussion and further exploring something such as the OP's posts and views. Thanking the OP for his contribution though, is not necessarily an endorsement of it (nor was my defense of it against the wanton haters), and I did not conclude that kiwi was doing such.

#23     Apr 27, 2007
  4. @Pandorasbox,

independent from the timeframe, how many bars are the basis of your hurst exponent calculation?

bye,
    zentrader

#24     Apr 27, 2007
  5. He showed unintelligble crap which he didn't bother to explain and didn't provide any reasoning to support it.

I asked him several times to provide data supporting the performance of the chart(s) so that anyone looking at it could view it from some type of historical perspective, and since it's probably curve-fitted, what their protive stop paramters should be.

Will it work this time, oh there's at least a 50% chance that it might. A coin flip will do you just as well (and actually, might provide better signals).

However, I want you to please continue thinking like you do, the liquidity provided by traders like you to the marketplace is invaluable.

Hell, it's our lifeblood.

Jimmy Jam

#25     Apr 27, 2007
  6. bgp

bgp

i believe with good money management pandorasbox hurst cycles can work. j.m hurst was a very intelligent man . whats wrong with using cycles ? aren't you guys technicians ? pandorasbox i find your graphs very interesting. will you p.m me ?

thanks,
    bgp

#26     Apr 27, 2007
  7. panzerman

panzerman

Doesn't one need to determine the maximal Lyapunov exponent so that they can determine the cycle period?

For example if you are using daily data and there is a cycle period of 100 days, then generally the lookback window for your calculations should be at least four periods, or 400 days of data. I believe four periods is the minimum you should use. Of course all this assumes the system you are looking at is chaotic.

What is the fractal dimension of your data set? The closer to 1 the more random and less chaotic the system is.

#27     Apr 27, 2007
  8. Wow, many colorful responses.

Hey listen, all I did was to post my opinion about the market based on a highly accurate and unique indicator based chaos mathematics that I use. Just so there is no confusion later, I just bought the S&P 1490 put and shorted a bunch of DIA.

As far as the people who want to see "proof" that this thing has worked in the past, what a bunch of crap. Coming up with something that has worked great in the past is not that difficult, what matters is how something works going forwards, that's why I posted my predictive call in the first place.

But just for those who like to drive by looking in the rearview mirror, here is the SPY 1 min yd.

• spy2.jpg
      File size:
      85.9 KB
      Views:
    #28     Apr 27, 2007
  9. Does this always work, no of course not, this is not the holy grail, just better than any other tool in my trader tool box. Without it I am like a carpenter without a hammer.

Just figured I would throw that in.

#29     Apr 27, 2007
  10. Joab

Joab

Pandora

Thanks for sharing !

At least you have the balls to put your call on the line.

Best of luck with your trades.

#30     Apr 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.