channels

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by traitor786, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Lol poor guy all he did was post.

Got 100 or so views while the example of 10 price bars got 10 views till now. (Nice adjustment of the gap by the way !)

you seem to have ETs greatest minds here. and, well me. or "the maybe not stupid" (a drastic improvement)

Curious to see where you go from here.
    1. you can run away and never look back
    2. you can stay and just watch
    3. you can participate
    4. you can ask questions
    5. you can look for answers
    6. you can get a manual at a reasonable cost possibly non monetary.
    7. You can work on a way to make money.

I personally like your channel you seem to have identified a key issue of the top line being unclear. This is what I think you were trying to fix. I also liked that you incorporated the previous days movement. also encompassing the whole day means that you may have found some bottoms that many traders nay not have found.

Did you make money that day ?

Are you planning to stick to your method ?

#31     Feb 3, 2013
  2. yes I think that is the part I messed up.

It is failure to transfer. (i think) AKA failure to touch.

I think My FTT should of been B.O AKA Break outs (on the smaller time frame. or a point 1 2 3 on a larger time frame.

The failure to touch the upper trend line is not really a failure.
    Once we put the different time frames together we will see that a real FTT is actually following a much more powerful trend line with better volume

But as mentioned there is alot wrong. I plan to upload them again adding things in and fixing what is there.

#32     Feb 3, 2013
  3. Jack, I didn't have time to go over all the information and have a few things to tend to this week. I will need to get a few things together as organized as you see I am. I don't know why I put myself in these situations lol.

I will try to use the dreaded library to catch up on your posts and also fix up my trend lines, look at the volume during the trend and show why A FTT occurs and why it bring in some "new" interest.
    Productivity is paramount. ( Friday nights don't count as work.)

#33     Feb 3, 2013
  4. so what is LTL

#34     Feb 3, 2013
  5. I really have no idea if this is correct. I seriously doubt we will need to go this far in to things. Just think of
    boolean as check marks
    and RDBS as a grid to see if something is "present".

But here is what a i gathered

RDBMS
    Relation database management system

Think of excel.
    This type of Database is known for how data is stored.
    I think its typical.
    page 1 has a set of things.
    page 2 will have other data but will refer to page 1 when it is needed

The benefit here is that by changing page 1 we automatically change page 2 as page 2 takes its data from page 1.

page 1 (primery key)
    A.apples
    B.oranges
    C.mangos

page 2
    5 A's
    3,B's
    2 C's

Out put would be 5 apples 3 oranges and 2 mangos.
    page 1 is the page that is getting the data only. Any items can only be used if they are on page 1.

Boolean

(in this context) will be to use true and false
    For example 1 can mean true and 0 false.

naturally the math is different then adding numbers.
    2 functions are "AND" and OR"
    1 AND 1 equals 1 (I think)
    true and true is true.

This can be used to take observations in the market and give an out put.
    if there is a moving average cross over we can put true
    if there is decreasing volume we can put true
    if there we were in an uptrend we and put true.
    if we see a surge of volume we put true.
    if it is raining we can put true

now we have a chart lets say all are true.

they add up to a true and instruction is given to enter a trade.
    now we have a system that only trades on rainy days if all the outputs need to be true to give a signal.

#35     Feb 3, 2013

6. A bit tricky I think it is Left trend line, you need to be careful here with the letter "T" down the line.

#36     Feb 3, 2013
  7. funny i knew that looked familar.. i've read about and used relational databases for a while..
    basically your talking about a conditional block of code.. every programming language has variants on them...
    i'm typically used to ones like... if this, then that... or in other cases optimized switch statements..ternary operations etc..

in this case this is just a series of nested if statements or just one if statement with key value pairs..

its condition code coverage

#37     Feb 4, 2013
  8. Think i was just enjoying information flowing in another direction lol. but reality kicked in and I really have no idea what you are talking about. I must keep my curiosity tamed.

#38     Feb 4, 2013
  9. Hey were we offline? with a new site. ?

#39     Feb 4, 2013
  10. NO SHIT!!!

#40     Feb 4, 2013