channels

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by traitor786, Feb 2, 2013.

1. We all know that 1 or 2 points determine a line or a line segment or a ray.

We drew a price bar and a volume bar (not posted) each separate and on their own sheet of paper.

Some people have trouble with which line to draw first. Volume is first for me since it ALWAYS starts in one place and AWAYS ends in another place.

BUT money, most people think, is make with price change in accounts. We are converting to using data to make money. We put the data into criteria, filters, formulae, rules and strategies.

Coded programs do not use charts. Is it possible to use the mind as a computer to handle criteria, filters, formulae, rules and strategies.

Is the OP stupid if all he talks about are theories and rules. No maybe not, he is just mindfucking himslef.

#21     Feb 3, 2013
  2. So simplicity in drawing is using the minimum. the minimum for a line segment is 2 points. A price bar is a line segment.

For the space container, we will use 2 points for the important line. THE RTL. Point 1 of the first bar, the former end of the beginning bar is a BIG deal. Lets use this idea FOREVER and ALWAYS.

Reminder, we determined that the end of making money in a contained space is when price leaves the space. Price leaves the space by going outside of the RTL. This is cast in concreate and it is NOT timely (or as I say not evently).

So none of the OP's charts are any good for anything. He cannot annotate charts. and he tells us he is experimenting form slow fractals to unrelated faster frractals. Finally, he asks if he can put EVERYHNG on one chart. Yes he can, BUT WHAT IF he just focussed on making money instead. He can't do that so far.

#22     Feb 3, 2013
  3. Just trying to add visuals to your words. I could also simply post some real price and volume bars if that's better.

#23     Feb 3, 2013
  4. To set up the container of price use two adjacent bars that ALWAYS show you the trend.

We only trade with certainty so that is why ALAWYS is part of our resoning.

As I asked the OP to do several weeks ago, we need to know what adjacent bars work and which ones do not. There are 10 possibilities the OP never got around to posting.

The two that work are:

long true = ((H.1 < H.0) AND (L.1 > L.0))

short true = ((H.1 >H.0) AND (L.1 < L.0))

the maths onventions are there to assign the specific bar and the specific end of a bar). .) is the present, .1 is the prior. H is the higher end; L is the lower end.

For longs the RTL is H.1 and H.0; for shorts the RTL is L.1 and L.0

Just use the side by side PARA concept for the LTL. The concept is to use the max volatility of the space. Choose the best of the L's for the long; and conversely, choose either of the H's for the short.

We have side by side boundaries

8 cases were eliminated mathematically and in doing so we determined WHAT mathematics applies to trading to make money by price change.

For simplicity, this is the end of learning to make money.

#24     Feb 3, 2013
  5. For coding trading what is used?

As optimization comes into the picture more and more parts of coding mathematics come into the picture. Thus criteria are important. so are filters, formulae, rules and strategy.

For long true a formula was used. You see operators in the form of =. <, > and (, ) and you see AND , as well.

Since I worked at IBM and was an Engineer (EE) and a communications graduate major (now known as IT) and I did theoretical physics as a guest of IBM, I knew what to throw out and what to use mathematically.

There is a choice of adjacent bars or trends within trends.

Trading costs are trivial.

AND surprisingly one of the 8 non long or non short cases that are possible is the multi-bar non-significant price change.

This is ture =(( C.0 <= H.2) and (C.0 >= L.2)).

If still true on the NEXT bar =(( C.0 <= H.3) and (C.0 >= L.3), thus, you have a RDBMS for adjaecent continuing lateral contexts and you can fashion this RDBMS for laterals of any length. The False is the lateral BO. In CW this is the presision version of the crude SW "chop feeling".

For convenience, all traders who are IT proficient display these 8 cases as "Highlights" on their displays.

Scalpers use the adjacent bars. Non scalpers use trends within trends. The mind operates faster than either and easily works in the 10ms and 100ms range.

#25     Feb 3, 2013
  6. This is terrific.

The PARA picture is a PARA-llel- ogram.

It is composed of two rays, one for each trendline. The ray is a projection of the "space of trading" into the future.

The future comes into the Present.

A person who optimizes, recognizes how the cases of price (10) need to be used to give permission to measure the volume where 11 cases exist.

The combinations of the price and volume cases lead to the trend overlap beginning and the overlap ending. The beginning of overlap is the event for reversal (on the price highlight it is labelled FTT), 10 to 12 leading indicators then kick in to help you "carve the turns".

This leads to not scalping and to using ll the power of the mathematics of the markets (Boolean Algebra). for every different base there is a different algebra. BUT there is never a ststisitical need arising since all criteria, filters, formulae, rules and strategies can be expressed with certainty.

This also leads any thinking person to not bother with proving a negative. this behavioral pursuit is quite pronounced in some threads of ET.

So I asked the OP weeks ago to do and post the 10 price cases. Each is expressable in logic of boolean algebra and, then, highlighting pairs of price bars is very mentally stimulating.

If anyone wnts all the highlights just ask for them and acknowledge you will be putting some profits and time into solving local problems and the staffers will give you the maths. Then you later prove you are dong what you committed to. Stealing is common in cyberspace.

Thus,you can log the highlights and log the progression of the volume bars to the ends of trends, before the price trend ends.

One outcome of monitoring and analysis of trends, then logging. is that your mind gets built into a spectrum of facts that, when complete is fully differentiated for trading.

#26     Feb 3, 2013
  7. My post was killed because ET felt I posted too soon. Humourous that I can type 150 words faster than I am allowed.

Post trains of bars so that the combo of the 10 cses of price and 11 cases of volume can be illustrated (or corrected).

Tend continuation is really cool. The three part test procedure when permission is given is neat.

Even more cool are the 35 End Effects that appear after continuation FAILS.

#27     Feb 3, 2013
  8. The elapsed time function of ET is fucking up quite a bit.

yesterday ET hardly worked at all.

I believe ET is still not permitting Word posts in language more recent than 9 years ago.......LOL.....

#28     Feb 3, 2013
  9. Enclosed I highlighted examples of the 10 price cases on a real chart. NB: In order not to make it too messy not all possible, repeating cases were highlighted.

Unfortunately, because of lack of knowledge I can not help you with:

a) 11 volume cases
    b) Trend continuation
    c) Three part test procedure(This in fact I probably have)
    d) 35 End Effects (Never saw or got even one explained)

#29     Feb 3, 2013
  10. I'm lost in acronyms.... ftt? Rmb something.... can anyone explain

#30     Feb 3, 2013