Channeling Indicator

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by shortorlong, Mar 2, 2008.

1. One minute is not noise. It is the natural rhythm of the market. I have looked at all time frames longer and shorter. One minute is it.

#21     Mar 30, 2008
  2. TRAS

TRAS

This type of trade should be done on a 3min and 15min chart for interday trading.

If your in an up/down trend look for pull backs to the last major pivot area or lower part of the trend channels. On a 1 to 4 hour chart.

Use your Regression channels to find these points.

Use a 30 ems or sma to determine trend inside a trend wait for it to hook up and pull back >>>> wait for a close above the 9ema or sma to determine entry.

This works good on a 15/10 min chart to avoid choppy condition.

Wait for peak hour of volume during a well define market ohlc , but look for market open times and wait for a reaction.

Use the 3 min to enter the trend using the same function. Your choose!

Wait for break of the trend line or auto trend line or s/r or pivot or fibnacci areas. 10/15 chart

This has been tested on Friday with sp 500 we had 2 nice moves using this system.

We used the 9 ema as a stop on the 10 min chart.

It might not work for less experience trader, because it is to simple and hard for some trader because they like thousands of rules.

Some look at planet alignment and the stars, i don't have time for that because i want to trade not look at the moon and stars calender on my screen.

For any noise from trader>>> talk to the inventor >>>just pass on my finding which payed well on friday!

This can be used in any market.

:D

#22     Mar 30, 2008
  3. TRAS

TRAS

We have tested the one min in a trending market you think your a trading God because the market is trending with a solid pattern but the problem is you guessed it>>>> it is the trader favorite work Chop Chop Chop. This is how you avoid over trading this is the key to success or failure.:(

#23     Mar 30, 2008
  4. TRAS

TRAS

The answer is simple: Technical Analysis works but not necessarily for the reason most people believe. Many successful traders don't want to share this secret. TA works because many people use it, and successful traders are able to predict how other people will react on the different TA indicators and signals. In other words, while the losing traders are using TA to determine their trades, the winning traders are winning because they know how the losers are going to react based on this data. For example, when a price goes below one of the key moving averages, (MA's) many investors sell that instrument to protect themselves against additional losses. By doing so, they will drive the price of that instrument lower and that will prompt some traders to start short selling that instrument in anticipation of further decline. Prices continue the downward trend, forcing traders who were long on that stock to sell their positions because it is going below their stop limits. This creates a domino effect as the price continues to decline. However, at this point, successful traders realize that most of the current price action was created artificially. They start to enter positions on the buy side and more often than not price starts to reverse. The losing traders have already sold their contracts based on the TA tools. The winning traders buy the contract because they understand that the fluctuation was temporary, and they seize the opportunity based on the losing trader's reactions.

#24     Mar 30, 2008
  5. TRAS

TRAS

The 9 ema /sma is the retest area to watch!

break of the EMA
    retest of the ema
    entry above the h/l of the channel of
    Retest area formed!

Look for your self don't believe me.
    REASON >>>>read the last post!

#25     Mar 30, 2008
  6. Interesting theory Tras.

The bulk of the ES is done on models by the big traders and so statistically a retail trader is on the other side of a big trader most of the time while being on the same side as another big trader.

How do you absorb this reality into your theory.

regards
    f9

#26     Mar 30, 2008
  7. TRAS

TRAS

Use the setting from the last few posts see the pattern and make your own determination. we are not license to make trading decision with your money.

Trading model are not always correct due to market adverse conditions.

I have a signal provider and most of the time there going the wrong way using there models.

Im very selective in which one is entered or traded.

Most system available >>>>>>

They only report to you the good days, not the day there system failed.

#27     Mar 30, 2008
  8. Tras you are saying that the big ES traders who account for about 85% of the contracts traded are using models inferior to your signals.

Why are you not offering your services to the big boys.

regards
    f9

#28     Mar 30, 2008
  9. TRAS

TRAS

We own one company, and we don't offer this service. If they were doing so well than why are we bailing them out by the government in the tune of 23 billion dollars a day. Answer that question Sherlock.

#29     Mar 30, 2008
  10. You have taken my observations personally which is a great pity from your point of view.

I simply asked if you are offering your services to the big players who are obviously on the wrong side of their own models.

If you have a good product to offer, dont be so defensive, otherwise people will think that you have something to hide and nothing to offer.

regards
    f9

#30     Mar 30, 2008