Channel Based Trading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daring, Dec 1, 2012.

1. You are the OP and you can sponsor other's learning to do what you have decided (on some basis) is a good plan and strategy.

You can do the proof first. this proof will set the standard you aare going to hve for your annual ROI.

The two elements you work with are your trading dashboard and your monitoring nd analysis platform.

You know the performance of your dashboard. Most people have zero slippage when then begin since they have little capital.

Your platform has the ability to provide you with the precursor to channels. Use the zig zag display your platform can create on your charts. It provides the proff for you of how much the market offers on the fractal you choose to trade upon. Most zigzag charts will produce "reports" for you to review. Post the reports so everyone knows the goal of channel trading could be.

Divide the performance of the "reports" by factors. In this way you can explain why you want to make less than is offered as shown by the zigzag charts and their reports.

As suggested to you, books do not aid traders in being able to become profitable.

There is a reason which you do not, as yet, grasp. You can learn how books do not work by examining what does work. Pick anyhing you have learned well. Wirte down the process you followed to gain the skills and knowledge.

Use this process you are good at to learn to trade channels.

A shortcut is a one pager. Don't use it because I invented it.

#11     Dec 2, 2012
  2. Daring

Daring

Hershey you are never welcome in any of my threads and since I started it, please get the fuck out you mean ass lunatic freak from outer space.

#12     Dec 2, 2012
  3. I take it that by "daily range" you mean the high minus the low.

Is it quite ignorant to consider 3x the daily range to be possible? You are free to believe as you wish and your perspective is that of a person who has never done it or seen it be done and who lacks the ability to discern by himself what the market offers.

Like you, I have never done it or seen it be done. But unlike you, I can pull up a 5m chart of the market I trade and most days I can see that the intraday legs add up to multiples of the daily range while at same time having no interest in Santa.

In any case, what someone claims on a message board doesn't interest me all that much. I can see that the market offers a lot more than what I can extract and it always will because of my personal limitations and choices.

You asked about trading with channels. I consider channels essential and something of a specialty of mine. Why are parallel lines so useful in trading? I do not know. What I do know is what I have studied about them and I referenced a document that I found to be both informative and practical with respect to stock index trading.

You are free to disagree and dismiss my comments. I am not giving attention to your thread for your sake. There are turds like another poster on this thread who will never get it and can only lash out in frustration at what he thinks is the source of his failure - some old guy in Arizona who has spent many years giving to others.

To make strides in trading, it is important to reason and to take full responsibility for everything you accept into your mind as the truth. Most people are incapable of doing either and even fewer are capable of both.

#13     Dec 2, 2012
  4. smaranam

smaranam

You are real retard!I got my own stuff you can only dream about!I wish I never heard of that old guy from Arizona,ever!You said that no one would get it,but could only observer multiple atr after the fact yourself.So you'd better wipe your chin!

#14     Dec 2, 2012
  5. Your stuff ain't worth shit you twerp. Go have lunch. Your daddy is calling for you to eat a dick sandwich.

#15     Dec 2, 2012
  6. A channel represents two things that are very essential to trading.

1. The parallelness is a way of representing the short term market volatility. By scribing the lines, you have a reference and it serves as a container of price. The vertical spread is always the same.

2. the channel compares favorably with the concept of S and R. Support and Resistance are drawn as horizontal lines by most CW followers. It turns out that channel actually depict trends which have sentiment and are NOT horizontal ranges.

This is going to be a nice thread. I get I am using it to enlarge what people may want to consider for making money.

The OP decided to not continue to participate in the thread intellectually. That's how it goes.

Anyone can use the zigzag chart to follow the market's movement. Zigzags are MLR's that simulate the dynamic centerline of boundaries. To go away from the MLR you can set standard deviations as sloping lines. In this manner you approach the parallelogram boundaries.

John Bollinger did some thinking along these lines. And you can see how distorted Bollinger bands wind up for various reasons.

To make money yo need functions that give signals. In CW thinking there is a name for the signal you get from a parallelogram. It is a very costly signal in the sense of what is given up by using the signal.

By beginning simply with a general, always useful, foundation you get to have a place to create building blocks that iteratively improve your performa as you add the building blocks.

So this thread started off with a the proof of the multiple of the Daily ATR. As usual the proof has to be done by the person who is doing the learning.

Everyone buys a platform subscription. You go to your charts and you add the "annotations" the platform provides to you. you do not have to go to highschool to be able to add something to your platform. You go to a list of what can be added and you add what you are paying for the privledge of using.

Add a Bollinger band to your chart and see if you can get its signals. I can type up an formula to use for getting the Bollinger bands to trade for you if you wish.

For channels, the easiest and earlier signal than the CW signal is the FTT signal. To trade by staying in the market all of the time you do reversals on each FTT. We already know this does not work for people who skip fractals.

#16     Dec 2, 2012
  7. Daring

Daring

Bla bla bla bla bla.

Intellectualism in trading can suck it, live calls or you are guilty, it's a ruthless business, demands ruthless proof.

#17     Dec 2, 2012
  8. Paddler

Paddler

You use YM 2-min chart? Good for you! I use OTR. :D

#18     Dec 2, 2012
  9. Lets say you are grabbed by the title and the art work. You are on the web and you cruise a little.

You arrive a Figure 1-1 (on page 3) and see the 12 word definition of a channel and its parts are defined.

You buy the book.

You recommend the book.

And you open your mind for all to see.

I am certainly glad you cleared the air on your view of "intellect".

#19     Dec 4, 2012
  10. Paddler

Paddler

just kidding...:D

#20     Dec 4, 2012