Changing Habits

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by _eug_, Jul 31, 2019.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Egads.
    • I wonder where you'd put your "releasing past traumas" in Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs....
    • "Discipline only lasts so long..." That's beautiful. Poetic. Koan-like! Cash-manifesting, even. Sweeeeet.

Here -- I'll give you a freebie: "The way which can be described is not the way."

[EDIT] Having reread this entire thread, I'm struck by how constructive everyone's posts have been -- and how raw and snarky and obnoxious is my "contribution" above. :confused: But I'll own it.

And maybe lean a bit on my earlier Thoreau-based post: clarity in seeing patterns of one's own behavior is (IMO) much more important than new responses. Thus, discipline in self-reflection is more important than discipline in self-correction. Horse comes before the cart, and all that.

Now, one could fold that a bit differently, and come up with "discover your traumas! Clarity!" as a solution, but that is a narrow, narrow slice of life, and one that would handily lead to repeat visits, if one were in the business of discussing such things....:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    #31     Feb 10, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

“As open offices and digital nomads are on the rise, workers are finding it ever more important to have personal space where they can focus,” the company told Dezeen. “Wear Space instantly creates this kind of personal space – it’s as simple as putting on an article of clothing.” The device, which debuted as a prototype at SXSW earlier this year, is now the subject of a crowdfunding campaign. Early birds can snag one

https://techcrunch.com/2018/10/17/o...-panasonic-to-make-horse-blinders-for-humans/

pinball wizard.jpg

#32     Feb 10, 2020
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. Tommcginnis Your post is an excellent example of lots of knowledge and no wisdom. Thanks for owning it, and thus providing just a pinch of wisdom.

#33     Feb 10, 2020
    Andrea Wylan likes this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

So you've 'got this', eh Steve-a-reno? Here's another koan for ya,......
    "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him."

You get the last word.....

#34     Feb 10, 2020
  5. Amen! Good book.

#35     Feb 10, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

D57368B5-92DB-41F2-AEC8-56161239F307.jpeg 4A6D8402-24D6-40C4-8BB2-52554B7DEFDD.jpeg

#36     Feb 10, 2020
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. %%
    That sounds good ; never have tried hypnosis, but that is OK. I have a sis + never no never did like hype- unless it was in SPY or QQQ + nice trend .LOL WEb MD is mostly positive on hypnosis for phobias, fears, depression, anxiety. Actually years of chart study will/can cure a fear of a bull market/bear market. Depression maybe more complex, especially in winter/low light.....................................................................................................:caution::caution::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:Thanks

#37     Feb 10, 2020
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Instead of trying to get out of bad habits, develop new winning habits:

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, the power of thinking without thinking.

#38     Feb 10, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. %%
    Thinking without thinking sounds like Mr. Mark Douglas pscho-babbel LOL:D:D;
    unless that book involves your subconscious mind- which they say never forgets anything.By the way, I NEVER have bought TSLA junk[ nor junk silver lately] + most likely NEVER will. But if Wall Street thinks they may fire mr musk, I noted many months ago,OK. Mr Gladwell does note if both show contempt in a marriage =that's trouble. Sounds right.....Actually I'm getting more out of his David + Goliath book.......Misfits + Battling Giants/Gladwell.....................................................................:caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#39     Feb 10, 2020
  10. ironchef

ironchef

It says how you can harness your subconscious mind to make decision.

#40     Feb 12, 2020