Changing a font size in TS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by steve0617, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I've searched for this FOREVER and since I don't know what TS calls this attached screen shot window, I'm turning here.

When on an active chart in TS, if you left click and hold, you get the crossbars and the pop up box. HOW do you change the font size of just that pop up window?

If I try to do 'format window/font', it changes just the status bars and axis lines of the main active chart. Those are already set as I want them.

<I><B>I just want to change the font size of the pop up window.</I></B>

Anybody know how to do that?

Thanks

2. For anybody that might want this, I found an old thread on the TS forums.

Turns out it's called a 'Tool Tip' (cause THAT makes sense). It requires a registry change and reboot to change the damn font style and/or size. Glad I wasn't just missing a menu setting.

<i>The font size used in the data tip can be adjusted by editing the Windows Registry. This applies to all current versions of TradeStation (8.1 SP1, 8.2, 8.3). To make this change, start the Registry Editor and go to the registry entries for the build you want to change (e.g., HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TradeStation Technologies\TradeStation\Versions\8.03.00.1355). Within this folder, go to \Chart Analysis\ToolTip. Within this folder is a registry key named Font, which lists the font face, size, and style used for the data tip (e.g., "Arial, 8, 0"). To change the font size, double-click the registry key and change the second of the three values (e.g., "Arial, 14, 0"). </i>