Change Your Attitude and Vocabulary!!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by RAMOUTAR, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Vocabulary and imbedded or subliminal (type, not actual film making from the 1950's) messages will often work when presented in a level headed and civil manner. We see, much too often, the the "hack" from one politcal party or another trying to use these grade school tricks on the U.S. population.... I really think that we are all above such chicanery.

But, then again, talk show bandits still use "glittering generalities" with sub-plots and questionable motives to affect the minds of the masses.

For example (attempting to keep an independent viewpoint, ala the "progressive capitalist" moniker I prefer)..

Rush saying that "every morning liberals wake up trying to think of ways to destroy America"...(yeah, ok Rush...sure)....

Or, from left-of-center: "The Bush administration is nothing more than a war-mongering, oil seeking front for the big corporations." ...trying to "win daddy's war"....

Obviously, any sane person can see that both are BS and are simply trying to bait the uninformed for political reasons.

Back to dog-sitting on this Saturday before the radio show...

Go ahead and listen (via webcast, Noon Pacific from my www.stocktrading.com website).... I'll do my best to keep the cryptic vocabulary to a minimum....LOL...LOL...

Don

#51     Apr 10, 2004
  2. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

...it only shows half of the battle.

#52     Apr 11, 2004
  3. Thank you for this tread. Would you post some specific statements beginner in NLP should use to start cleansing ? What book is a good one for novice ?
    hombre

#53     Apr 12, 2004
  4. I couldn't help but laugh when reading this thread. I recall reading a report about a year ago stating that those who attended or bought into those Anthony Robbins type self-help stuff showed no difference in terms of increased productivity in the workplace or better relationships at home.

Marketing is such a great tool.

#54     Apr 12, 2004
  5. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Thank you Hombre. These are statements that I incorporated into my trading over the years, I'll break it down by past and present:

Past-

"The market treated me well today." I couldn't help but make this statement. On the trading floors I have been on over the years, people would ask me, "How did the market treat you today?" I would respond, "It treated me well." or "It treated me very badly."

To me...when you say the market treated you a certain way, you're reinforcing a silly idea that the market controls you, and determines your fate.

Present-

"I did well / badly in the market today." I am 100% responsible for my trading results. When I began saying this, my mindset and trading results changed. The actually got worse before they got better.

I'm not well-versed in NLP at all. Tony Robbins introduced me to it in one of his books, and I actually thought he was the pioneer of NLP. The way he wrote about it made me believe that he not only "owned it", but the founder of NLP.

Bundlemaker is a great resource for NLP, he seems to have a very good handle on it.

I'm a firm believer in this (whether it's the market, or life)

You cannot change the situation or environment around you, but you can change yourself.

#55     Apr 18, 2004
  6. Hombre,

Go right to the source: Richard Bandler and John Grinder. Find a book called Frogs into Princes and one called Using Your Brain for a Change. One or both may be out of print. Whatever it takes, find them. Most everybody I have recommeded them to just have their minds blown after reading. There are many who say NLP is bad or a load of garbage. I suppose anything can be in an unuseful context. And it is powerful stuff. It can be abused. All the more reason to understand it, even if just at an introductory level. And it's not like some kind of religion or black magic. The genesis of NLP was simply from modeling very skilled people at what they did best.

#56     Apr 18, 2004
  7. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Thanks a "bundle", Bundlemaker. I'll look into Amazon!

#57     Apr 18, 2004
  8. Bundlemaker we only discussed a very small portion of what I know about it because I was under the impression your experiences where limited :)

Good to see you back posting on ET my friend :)

Hows your trading going these days ?

#58     Apr 18, 2004
  9. Hi Samson,

Trading is going pretty good. It helps that I have found the Holy Grail. Yep, I found it. It was there all along, buried under all the seminars, books, and web sites. Under all my countless hours of study and looking at charts. One day it hit my like a ton of bricks.

#59     Apr 18, 2004
  10. Congrats my friend that's great to hear see you in the Bahamas' :p

#60     Apr 18, 2004