Change Your Attitude and Vocabulary!!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by RAMOUTAR, Apr 3, 2004.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Good post.....

#11     Apr 3, 2004
  2. ======================

Harrytrader;

Good trading points ;
    & i didnt even make the french class.

Disagree with your theory most take responsibility, like many tried to sue MCD because they CHOSE to be fat:D .....

========================

May help to as title says, change attitude, & words & deeds;
    might not help at all if deeds are not changed.:cool:

#12     Apr 3, 2004
  3. cwjcntr

cwjcntr

A lot of times I do find myself making those comments, but I've never blamed it on "everything else". I can't even begin to tell you how many nights i've laid in bed tossing and turning trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I even bring trading journals to bed and lay there trying to figure out what I am doing.

Some days I hit things right on the head, other days I blow it. It's on the "blow it" days or the days where "the market treated me badly" that I try not to do anything stupid (which is hard). That way, on those Badly days, your losses are limited. You may take a small trade in the morning to "test the waters" and find that you just aren't in the right state of mind. When I do that, and I find out I'm in no shape to trade, it's a LOT of fun sitting there watching the market and ENCOURAGING others who ARE "getting it right today".

-or-

Just walk down to Ceres, at the back bar in the middle section, there I will be... encouraging myself :D

PS: I don't charge for encouragement services :D

#13     Apr 3, 2004

4. Agreed :)

#14     Apr 3, 2004
  5. IMo, the market does not give a damn about anyone, unless you are a huge institution/company or another way of looking at it:

"It's not personal. It's just business." Godfather

Two of my personal rules:

Trades that lose money and are part of a plan are NOT bad trades, just trades that lost money as expected in the plan.

The outcome of the next trade is independent of previous trades, ie don't fear putting on the next trade just because you had a few losing trades in a row.

DS

#15     Apr 3, 2004
  6. transformational vocabularly is a basic building block of neuro linquistic programing or NLP. NLP created by richard bandler and popularized by tony robbins is a very effective system for managing one's inner self hence your entire self. bandler has expanded upon the base theory of NLP creating "design human engineering", "tranceformation science" and "neurohypnotic repatterning". taken to the religious extreme --- this material morphs into a branch of occult study known as "chaos magick"

jai is totally correct in his proposal--change your vocabularly and change your trading and perhaps your life.

great post !

surfer:)

#16     Apr 3, 2004
  7. NLP is a cult, not based on scientific facts. Followers of NLP exhibit classic cult behavior. NLP is a multi million industry for profit and sustained through aggressive marketing.
    Attitude has been studied extensively and there is a wide scale literature on attitude and behavior change based on scientific facts.

#17     Apr 3, 2004

8. NLP was not created by anyone :)

It is mearly the observation of language and how it may or may not effect you and those that you communicate with.

That's all it is, anyone that is telling you differently is probably attaching a price tag to it in a book or seminar.

Save your money and just THINK before you speak and you will get the exact same results.

#18     Apr 3, 2004

9. NLP is a trademarked term. it absolutely was created, hence the trademark. what is it that you don't understand ?

surfer :confused:

#19     Apr 3, 2004

10. think about this, mr. turtle. in trading, you are already doing the "deed". therefore, the thing to change is your vocabulary to change your attitude, feelings and emotions about the "deed" ( trading); thereby improving your results up to your ability level---------- instead of being self destructive.

surfer surfer dave

surfer :):) :)

#20     Apr 3, 2004