Change the tick increment in ES from 0.25 to 0.1

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by guy2, Aug 30, 2005.

Would you like to see the tick increment in the ES changed from 0.25 to 0.1?

1. Yes

115 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. I don't care but wanted to click a voting button

42 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. Personally, I would like to see the ES tick size reduced from 0.25 to 0.10.

#31     Aug 31, 2005
  2. Personally I'd like the spread reduced from 0.50 to 0.00.

#32     Aug 31, 2005
  3. Wouldn't you like payment for volume too?

#33     Aug 31, 2005
  4. Even if I was paid commissions to trade
    I probably wouldnt be able to profit from futures.

#34     Aug 31, 2005
  5. Then perhaps you were destined to become a "trading educator."
    :D

#35     Aug 31, 2005
  6. I'd appreciate any increase in the spread. I propose spread.min(0.50) :)

#36     Aug 31, 2005
  7. Would that be the same as saying, "The Blind leading the Blind" ?

But wouldn't that blow you away if there really was one real profitable, consistent trader out there freely sharing without insecurities? Say he was able to trade several markets and was able to teach students how to change with the markets and trade live with them everyday and they all made money year after year....and yes he did not charge money for the education (regardless, he probably would not be recognized and have to scream after clients constantly, while he made a living trading) No I am not talking about Woodie either.

Michael B.

#37     Aug 31, 2005
  8. omniscient

omniscient Guest

it may be a neophyte perspective, but it seems to me it would be similar to moving stocks from fractions to decimal. i don't have any stats on it, but i assume that the guy in the middle still gets his, right? :D

i mean, i'm all for liquidity and volatility, but i'm also in favor of reducing the house's odds of poking me when i pick up the soap :)

take care and gtty -

omni

#38     Aug 31, 2005
  9. I think they would still take our sandwiches, just that the sandwiches would be slimmer. If someone is going to take sandwiches from me, then I would prefer that they be as slim as possible.

#39     Aug 31, 2005
  10. I suppose that almost anything is possible. Just like, say, winning a lottery.
    :)

#40     Aug 31, 2005