Change? Name ONE thing Obama has done for social Liberalism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Libertarians are fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That means that regardless of which ugly head of the <i>Republicrat</i> hydra currently holds power, we <i>should</i> be getting half of what we want, right?

Well, if that is so, just name one single thing Obama has done (or even tried to do) for social liberalism. Just one little way that Obama is working to <b>reduce</b> the heavy hand of government interference in our personal lives.

I'm drawing a complete blank here... how about you?

2. Rearden, I have no comment regarding your post. Just want to say I am glad that you are still with us and nothing horrible has happened to you :D

The Ever Caring VIPER

(seriously)

3. Thanks!

13 months clean now, and it was successfully pled down to a misdemeanor. :)

4. Rearden, good for you to be clean of drugs!
    You say social liberalism. That is when a government helps the people with health care and education, yes?
    So Obama is trying to give all (citizens) health care. But the change is hard to do.
    Obama also try to make math and science better in the USA to help the country to compete in the future.

5. Ricter

Ricter

"Heavy hand", lol. Move?

6. Mercor

Mercor

You have it backwards.

http://www.lp.org/platform

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.

7. Ricter

Ricter

Sounds great. Just get the other nations to do this first. The US must not lose the leverage it has on the world stage for advancing civilization.

8. Mercor, when a country become so wealthy, I think they should provide health care. How can a country stay wealthy and rich if they not take care of health and education? I am not republican, democrat, libertarian. If anyone put themself in a politic party, then they have to stay in the party rule. Like a religion.

9. The US spends more on education that anywhere else, yet we are not the smartest country in the world. What makes you think that if we throw a ton of money into health care that we will get healthier as a country?

10. Eight

Eight

Health would come from range fed beef and chicken and a diet that is 80% vegetables.. health would come from education about health but even that would not work with the Fed govt. involved. All the education would have to be ok'd by the FDA and AMA and I find that those people are an impediment to health knowledge and very backward regarding preventative medicine...

#10     Sep 18, 2009