% change in Think or Swim

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hedron, Mar 17, 2014.

1. hedron

hedron

Why does it show % change since last close? As opposed to % change since open? It makes no sense to me. Why would you want it % change since the last trading days close?

Anyone have a clue how I would code it to show percent change since open? I tried a few times over the weekend but failed miserably.

2. If you need help with ToS I would recommend thinkscripter.com. I'm not a programmer but I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to manipulate charting in ToS. Indicators can be constructed but bar construction happens outside of thinkscript.

3. hedron

hedron

Hmm...I don't mean bar construction. I meant, like in the watchlist, there's a column called, "% Change." The problem is that it shows the percent change from yesterdays close, but I want it to be percent change from today's open. Does that make sense?

I'll check out thinkscripter.com though, thanks.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's a pretty easy fix. You can customize your own columns on the watch list with the thinkscript and create whatever you want. For example, I have my own relative volume bars that actually give you the level of volume on a product at that point in the trading session compared to some lookback period over that same time range. You can then sort the column and get an excellent view of what is trading outside their normal behavior at different points in the day.

5. barata

barata

Maverick74, I was just reading about your relative volume bars and wonder if you would share the TOS formula. I just looked in the ThinkScriptor forum but couldn't find anything along those lines...at least when using their search function.

Barata

6. Producer

Producer