Challenge to MrBill.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 31, 2012.

1. Factually not true. However, how many posts have you dedicated to try feel better about your whiteness by bringing up blacks and IQ?

Is there a Racist Anonymous? Should not be a need, a thinking person doesn't need to make themselves feel better by putting down others.

But, better to bet than to ride Max's coattails, what was that about? At least be your own man, person, whatever.

And, as I keep saying: don't be ashamed of who you are. You're smart I think, deep down. Don't feel the need to put others down just to make yourself feel better. That's really tacky.

#21     Aug 31, 2012
  2. wjk

wjk

I find this interesting, as your comment below puts down an entire class of people. I guess it's ok providing you don't single out any "teabaggers".

#22     Aug 31, 2012
  3. You're right, and I apologize for that. The Teaparty has become a voice in America. I disagree with much of what they say, but I agree with some of what they say. Not afraid to apologize.

#23     Aug 31, 2012
  4. wjk

wjk

I agree with some of what they say as well, though I had to endure some verbal abuse from my liberal friends for it. I gave as good as I got, but the viciousness from one individual caused me to question my friendship with him. He's more of an acquaintance now.

#24     Aug 31, 2012
  5. Good to hear wjk, sincerely.

I really think that Ron Paul has many good points, Romney's points have some validity as well. I'm not too sure about Ryan, given his trouble with facts, but we'll see more in the next couple of months.

And, I wish Obama would have done more, like single payer health care instead of the negotiated crap we ended up with. Still better than nothing.

I wish Americans could discuss and debate with their real feelings, and not have to base everything they say on hating Obama or fearing Romney. But, I doubt this will happen given the vitriol out there.

#25     Aug 31, 2012
  6. wjk

wjk

See my edit last post regarding vitriol. I agree. It's getting tense.

#26     Aug 31, 2012
  7. Without knowing you, or searching through years of posts, I'm going to accept the fact that you seem rational. I know "big deal" - but as a fellow civil person, I would like ask a serious question.

I assume you follow the many offerings from RCG, BRASS, Freethinker, Phoenix, PSPR, Tsing Tao, Max, Lucrim, Futurecurrents, and Ohms.

Without taking sides on the issue, do you think they are representative of the division in the U.S. right now? I realize some seem to be juvenile at times, and I can overlook that, but if reasonable people see the same things I do, then I am really concerned.

Care to offer your observations? I don't blame you if you don't, just trying to see some other viewpoints.

#27     Aug 31, 2012
  8. wjk

wjk

Let me answer this way. My own experiences outside of ET are enough to see the country has some real divisions. I described it when I updated my post regarding agreements with the Tea Party. Just such a simple statement caused an immediate anger toward me from a highly educated, intelligent individual. What more needs to be said? Was he the tolerant one, or was I. The fascinating thing about it was that his views on abortion, gun ownership, and religion are remarkably similar to mine, though he calls himself a liberal, I call myself a libertarian with what you would most likely consider a conservative bias.

That said, I like to think of ET PR as a place where we can agree or disagree, and have a little fun doing it. I was serious when I joined the forum, but have lightened up considerably. I have come to especially enjoy all the cynicism. I consider everyone here a friend.

#28     Aug 31, 2012
  9. Interesting, and I find similar things in adult conversations away from ET.

I've stated that I'm anti abortion, but pro choice, a no brainer. I don't want abortion used as a contraceptive choice, but want actual contraception available to anyone who wants it. I have guns, and am not at all worried about losing them. I keep only about 500 rounds in the safe, not a zillion, and no assault weapons.

I want smaller government, meaning out of the bedroom, and out of women's uterus's. And out of foolish wars.

I want a balanced budget, but cutting stuff from both sides.

We have those on the 5% edge, and the 95% edge, who seem very vocal, especially here on ET. I hope that there are more in the 40-60% middle range when lumping fiscal and social issues. BUT, I'm not sure we can come back there, keep hoping for it.

#29     Aug 31, 2012
  10. wjk

wjk

I prefer smaller government, but with reasonable regulation. I don't mind paying taxes, but I absolutely HATE the way my tax money is abused, especially with fraud and waste. Fix that first, and then I'll open my mind to raising taxes. I don't like my freedoms being infringed by the acts of others who are not responsible with their rights. I don't care what goes on behind closed doors if it does no harm, or doesn't threaten others.

I don't feel either party represents my views, but my choices are somewhat limited. I tend to vote for the party that I believe will interfere with my life the least.

#30     Aug 31, 2012