Challenge to Dan Zanger's results

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxpeculator, Jun 4, 2005.

Is Dan Zanger a "Great Trader"

1. Yes, he has the World Record

87 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No, He is Inflated, record has alpha problems

39 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Who in the hell is Dan Zanger?

84 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Everything I've read about Danger's run up looks legit. Although, as many have already mentioned... don't confuse a bull with brains.

Try compounding max leverage on every trade in today's market and I have the utmost confidence that you will get smoked before reaching 30,000% gain. He certainly wasn't pushing money management.

That being said, I'll also say, after the many, many traders I've become familiar with, he was one of the FEW who wasn't at some point, privileged to some kind of inside information edge (yeah, that includes Soros, Fatih, medallion, etc...). Just to clarify before their defenders go ballistic, an inside information edge is simply knowledge of something the majority of masses aren't privileged to (no matter how large or small) .

And for that I give him kudos.

#51     Aug 10, 2008
  2. Dan zangers the greatest day trader of all time period. His returns in fortune in 1999-2000 were documented and verified. 11k -42mil before losing 75% of it in 2000-2001. People can talk about demitri or whoever else and they can't hold a candle to his returns. To do it with 11k is just magical. And he wasn't a 1 trick pony as he made 25 mil in 2006. Few could ever do what he does because he has the balls of few to take huge positions on margin and hold for weeks on end. He's not a real day trader in the sense of in and out all day long as he's really a multi week swing trader. WHAT MAKES HIS STORY INSIPRING TO MANY IS HE STRUGGLED FOR 15 YEARS OR MORE BEFORE HE HIT IT BIG

#52     Aug 10, 2008
  3. What makes his story dangerous is that it's inspiring

#53     Aug 10, 2008
  4. The thing about Zanger that most of you do now want to admit is that he was just a JOE before 1998. He worked construction for many years and tooled with the markets. He went bust on quite a few occasions which he admits in interviews.

Then he saw his chance and went max leverage on every trade. This is a guy who finally saw his chance and took it...

Why don you subscribe to his website for a month and go into a few of his trades? He has been right on just about everything he posts there.

#54     Aug 10, 2008
  5. been there.............. he's only good during bull markets.

Just because he made alot of $$$ with his technique doesn't mean you will too.

Who is insane enough or ballsy enough to use that kind of leverage... and also find the correct window in the market to do so?

No its not always brains over balls......

Remember the mentally ill man that climbed over a fence and into the lions enclosure in a zoo a couple of years ago? Lions approached him and gave him a little nibble here and there while he just sat on the ground swatting at the lions as if they were flies. Man lived.... lions were very confused..... but who else would wanna repeat such a thing?

#55     Aug 10, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

What Dan did in the 95-2000 run was nothing short of amazing.

However, that being said what he does today is VERY VERY different.

Those folks looking to make it big with his style of trading will have to wait till the next BIG bull.

In the meantime learn how to trade all market conditions not just Bulls.

:cool:

#56     Aug 10, 2008
  7. #57     Aug 10, 2008
  8. Here is the lesson to be learned from Dan Zanger.

During 2001, he attempted to trade the bear market and was failing. He realized that he was failing and stepped back the entire year and just observed.

Good traders know when their strategy is no longer valid and will simply step back to watch and learn rather then give it all back up. This is a key lesson to be learned...

#58     Aug 10, 2008
  9. zangers a complete waste of money for 99% of people. his methods can be duplicated by few. they asked him in an interview have you taught anyone your methods. he said he's tried and all have failed. 99% of people would fold long before the riches the way he trades. and as another poster said he's only good in long advances in bull markets as he hardly ever shorts. i tried his service for a few months and found it worthless as he just chases the stocks all know, you can't teach the balls it takes to load the crazy momentuem stocks huge

#59     Aug 10, 2008
  10. Can a professional basketball player teach you to play at their level? Sure they can provide some tips and tricks. They can train you hard enough to where you will be better at the game then you were before.

However, what are the chances that a professional basketball player can train you to the point where you will be playing on a professional basketball team?

Dan Zanger can help someone improve their trading game, but you may not be able to duplicate his results.

I dont think a subscription to his site is a waste of money because he is able to identify the fast movers in the market. He does technical analysis of the indexes. You wont be able to have zanger like results making millions in a year, but I bet he will make you become better at the game...

#60     Aug 11, 2008