Chainsaws

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Down in Texas, chainsaws are cool but there is nothing like emptying a 30 round clip in a couple of seconds. Just don't touch the barrell after your done. That's not fun.

#11     Jan 2, 2004
  2. I recall being in Texas 10 years ago, and stopped at a local rural Bubba's for some gas, and watched a couple of yokels firing potatoes out of a potato gun.

I thought I was watching a sequel to Deliverance.

#12     Jan 2, 2004
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Hey, potato guns are fun!
    Potatoes, matches, PVC pipe and hairspray and you got a whole lot a fun.:p

#13     Jan 2, 2004
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Not more fun than throwing an M-80 into the covered parking lot of a mall.....talk about hit the deck...peace

#14     Jan 2, 2004
  5. Wow, after reading this, I'm more and more biased towards logging with machine guns rather than chainsaws :D

===========

Firecracker Chainsaw Massacre
    2002 Darwin Award Nominee
    Unconfirmed by Darwin
    (January 2002, Croatia) A Croatian was killed while trying to open a hand grenade with a chainsaw. He wanted to retrieve the explosive to make firecrackers for the New Year’s holiday.

===========

Chainsaw Insurance
    2002 Darwin Award Nominee
    Confirmed True by Darwin
    (January 2002, Italy) A violent attack on an innocent man? Andreas, a 23-year-old ex-bouncer from Italy, was found lying in a pool of blood near a country road. Police initially mistook him for a victim of sadistic mutilation. His left leg had been nearly severed by a chainsaw. His last act was an emergency call to operators who heard only a "death rattle." By the time help arrived, copious bleeding had drained his body of blood.

Sad plight? Not quite.The incredible truth was far odder.

Andreas had conspired with his cousin in an insurance scam. The 29-year-old accomplice confessed that he was the "assailant" who attacked--and inadvertently killed--the younger man in a mutually planned insurance fraud that went badly awry.

Andreas had convinced his cousin to cut his left leg off with a chainsaw in order to reap nearly a million dollars from numerous insurance policies. Permanent disability was all that was required. Andreas relied on his cunning, and his knowledge of first aid, to survive the chainsaw incident.

The attack took place near a country lay-by. The cousin sawed Andreas' leg below the knee, and severed a major artery in a gambit timed too close for survival. Emergency crews arrived to find Andreas dead and his cousin fled, tossing the chainsaw in a river on the way out of town.

The cousin now languishes in a cell on homicide charges. Andreas' death was a classic example of fate noticing those who buy chain saws.

================

Maine Chainsaw Romance
    1999 Darwin Award Nominee
    Confirmed True by Darwin
    (5 July 1999, Maine) An internet romance blossomed then faded, after a Missouri man traveled to Maine to meet his destiny. In a bizarre merging of "You've Got Mail" with "Texas Chainsaw Massacre," James swung a chainsaw and severed his own neck, in a futile effort to prove his love to the woman who had spurned his face-to-face romance.

He began his relationship with "Beth" over the internet a year ago, and moved from Missouri to Topsham, Maine on June 23 to further the affair. Instead, she insisted upon ending the relationship. Distraught, James drove to her house on River Road, knocked on the door, and asked her adult son to get his mother. The son refused and locked all the doors. James pulled a chainsaw from his trunk, stood on the lawn, and performed his macho act in a vain attempt to impress the depth of his feelings upon the woman.

Police arrived to find him barely alive. "There was blood all over. I couldn't see where the wound was," explained William Robbins of the Sagadahoc County Sheriff's Department. James died in the hospital shortly thereafter.

Debra, a friend of the deceased, believes that "Beth" abused James' affection. "He spent thousands of dollars on calls, email, computers," she said, "and also helped that woman pay her bills." Debra received a desperate phone call just hours before he took his life. She reported that he begged, "Tell me you forgive me." She did, and then the phone went dead. She attempted to alert authorities but had insufficient information regarding his whereabouts.

James had attempted suicide five years earlier, and had seemingly recovered his equilibrium. He purchased the chainsaw in Maine a week prior to his sensational death.

One last oddity: James has two brothers also named James, and the three are distinguished by middle names. Is this clear sign of parental lunacy a coincidence, or the cause of his insanity? You be the judge!

==============

1996 Darwin Award Winner

(1996) Some men will got to extraordinary lengths to prove how macho they are. Frenchman Pierre Pumpille recently shunted a stationary car two feet by headbutting it. "Women thought I was a god," he explained from his hospital bed. Deity or not, however, Pumpille is a veritable girl's blouse compared to Polish farmer Krystof Azninski, who staked a strong claim to being Europe's most macho man by cutting off his own head in 1995. Azninski, 30, had been drinking with friends when it was suggested they strip naked and play some "men's games". Initially they hit each other over the head with frozen turnips, but then one man upped the ante by seizing a chainsaw and cutting off the end of his foot. Not to be outdone, Azninski grabbed the saw and, shouting "Watch this then," je swung at his own head and chopped it off.

"It's funny," said one companion, "when he was young he put on his sister's underwear. But he died like a man."

#15     Jan 2, 2004
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

LMAO :D :D

Holy chit....I never realized IQ's came that low!:eek:

#16     Jan 2, 2004
  7. 2353 Posts on Elite Trader and you still haven't realized that? :D

#17     Jan 3, 2004
  8. Cutten

Cutten

NEVER say "watch this" :D

#18     Jan 3, 2004
  9. I love those google ads. Now they're running chainsaw ads above this thread. Can't say their s/w doesn't work.

#19     Jan 3, 2004
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

That is really funny......
    If your look at Gordon's Marriage thread.....it has Gay Marriage sites on top.....LOL:D :D

And on the atheist threads, there is stuff about Jesus.....oh my!!!

#20     Jan 3, 2004