Chain Reaction Sell Off Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CalScholar, Mar 13, 2007.

1. First off these groovy pictures, of nuke bombs and oil wells- you cut and paste or JPG or whatever the hell you do someone has to tell me HOW! I can't even import a freakin' chart!

Secondly love the tuning Japanesea slant on the market! Until further notice that should be the theme song for 2007-- although "This Is The Day "
    by The The has been getting some good play on a new commercial so... THIS IS THE DAY YOUR LIFE WILL SURLY CHANGE...

Well... you didn't wake up this morning
    Because you didn't go to bed
    You were watching the whites of your eyes
    Turn red
    The calendar, on your wall, is ticking the days off
    The calendar on your wall is ticking
    the days off
    You've been reading some old letters
    You smile and think how much you've changed
    All the money in the world
    Couldn't bring back those days.
    You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes,
    You watch a plane flying across a clear blue sky.
    THIS IS THE DAY -- Your life will surely change.
    THIS IS THE DAY -- Your life will surely change.
    You could've done anything -- if you'd wanted
    And all your friends and family think that you're lucky.
    But the side of you they'll never see
    Is when you're left alone with the memories
    That hold your life together like
    Glue

The analysis on this thread is of course perfect. Perfectly wrong. There will be this wave effect but the effect will be in reverse. No we will not go down that much today and compared to a big fall in the east that will tilt the seesaw that way and they will rally tomorrow and we will rally ontop of that and through friday.

Stepping back and reviewing the hourly chart patterns, the 5-day snapback rally which reached a perfect 0.382 Fibonnacci retracement yesterday on the SPX, rolled over with authority, breaking two key levels of support today. It managed to retest that second level late in the session, but backed off again.

A very negative close, very negative technical action.

Right now as it stands the S&P 500 is not far off a retest of the entire pullback lows, and we expect we may see that today, just about the 4 points lower than where it closed. Nasdaq 100 lows are about 11 points below here, which could also be tested early tomorrow.

>> so the facts say lower. The gut says higher. Who will win. Turning Japanesa or This Is the Day?????

#21     Mar 14, 2007
  2. [​IMG]

#22     Mar 14, 2007
  3. Say, isn't that bearbelly?

#23     Mar 14, 2007
  4. so where`s your exit plan?....profit objective or stop loss?.....let me guess,you don`t have an exit either way..........buy,hold & pray was the mantra of many ghosts that faded.....you`ll be another casualty soon enough......good news is you won`t lose much with those 10 lots.

#24     Mar 14, 2007
  5. ammo

ammo

i've learned to give my opinion a 50/50 chance but i thought yesterdays selloff was very orderly,no panic,now we have double bottom ,churn here til thur pre expiration,dead on fri ,then bounce up on mon,it doesn't just go straight down,thats like buying your cars directly from GM,it doesnt happen

#25     Mar 14, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

watch, 12,000 is coming.

#26     Mar 14, 2007
  7. Screw this.

Long never felt so wrong.

#27     Mar 14, 2007
  8. blast19

blast19

For real. I'm very bearish about all of this mortgage business...that's the bedrock of this market since the tech bubble...this is a sketchy time to be long.

If need be, wait on the sidelines...but I'm extremely bearish for the next 6 months...not sure what good could possibly come out of it.

#28     Mar 14, 2007
  9. Markets uptoday nicely.

Nasdaq rebounded off the low of 2340, but there could another selloff till support of 3320 is tested which was the support level back in Nov 2006. Or maybe not. Either way not a big deal.

#29     Mar 14, 2007
  10. duard

duard

#30     Mar 14, 2007