Chain Reaction Sell Off Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CalScholar, Mar 13, 2007.

1. added a slight bit of leg work here
    (~past 7 months) for QQQQ max pain.

The variance is pretty wide for the 3 day target and actual closing on OE day. While the range is up to 5% difference of 3 days before OE, all (but one ~0%) prior cases had prices RISE between 0-5% above prior max pain target on OE. Might go back farther upon request.

#11     Mar 13, 2007
  2. bh_prop

bh_prop

dtrader: you should indeed look further back than last 7 months for your max pain theory. The prior 7 months were an almost unprecedented bull run with miniscule pullbacks so not surprised that max pain would be exceeded by 5% each time

#12     Mar 13, 2007
  3. If we just trade under the lows from this correction (last week), the odds are good that we'll see more of a drop...I've got my Apr SPY puts and will continue to pick up more with conservative stops...I say fucking bombs away!

#13     Mar 13, 2007
  4. blast19

blast19

I agree. It's go time and the RE market is the bed of security for a lot of people...looks like it's going to continue to get uglier and the government feel the need to step in to stop the bleeding.

It's the tech bust in lending which is bigger than the tech bust ever was.

#14     Mar 13, 2007
  5. I am starting to get worried here after riding the bear side today. I think too many people are loaded into puts (high put/call ratios) and also loaded in short ETFs like QID (just look at the volumes). Soon there will be a counter action from bargain hunters and the markets will easily record 2% upside. I am getting ready though!

http://lauristonletter.blogspot.com/

#15     Mar 13, 2007
  6. "dtrader: you should indeed look further back than last 7 months for your max pain theory. The prior 7 months were an almost unprecedented bull run with miniscule pullbacks so not surprised that max pain would be exceeded by 5% each time"

Good pt. looking back over a year, it did indeed tend to drop 5% from D-3 to MP during that mid year leg down (may-jul) last year. Just neutralized that hypothesis.

Bombs away QID.:D

#16     Mar 13, 2007
  7. the technicals on the s&p favor more downside from here, and the yen carry is quickly killing profits for many, watch the yen get some serious buying tonight and tomorrow as people run for hedges to stop the bleeding.

i'm turning japanese i think i'm turning japanese i really think so.....

#17     Mar 13, 2007
  8. topdown

topdown

One of my favorite lyrics of all time comes from that tune:

I've got your picture, I've got your picture
    I'd like a million of them all round my cell
    I want the doctor to take your picture
    So I can look at you from inside as well

#18     Mar 13, 2007
  9. [​IMG]

#19     Mar 14, 2007
  10. [​IMG]