CFTC Legislation

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by leveraged, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Anyone know when they plan on making a decision yet as whether they will go forward with it?

Any timeline planned out?

2. on WHAT?!

3. Sorry I was not clear for those involved in FX trading.

The propsed rules by CFTC can be found here -> 17 CFR Parts 1, 3, 4, 5, 10, 140, 145, 147, 160, and 166 Regulation of Off-Exchange Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions and Intermediaries

weblink_ http://www.cftc.gov/ucm/groups/public/@lrfederalregister/documents/file/2010-456a.pdf

Specificly however, what is of most concern in the proposal is the lowering of leverage to 10:1 for retail accounts.

4. Gcapman

Gcapman

Fucking Moron!

5. yup, sorry my crystal ball was off. CFTC has quite a few proposed plans. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page here.

BTW, that's the pot calling the kettle black. You can't even operate an FXCM account without crying about how the market stole .0001 of a pip from you. Yeah i've got .10 for you if you really want it. No sense in post 100 messages about it.

There's more spare change under the seats of my car than the kinda thing you're whining about.

6. So any news on this possible legislation?

7. Gcapman

Gcapman

It is obvious that the 10:1 leverage rule will be implemented now

What with all the PR around financial reform right now -- there is absolutely no way that FX does not get de-leveraged

Just common sense at this point