CFR’s Foreign Affairs on “Egypt’s Hero”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Jan 29, 2011.

1. He is coming in too late. Furthermore, the Egyptian people and opposition will never forgive him the fact that he lied about Iraq's WMD and in a way lead to Iraq's invasion.

#11     Jan 29, 2011
  2. You are so right! And the people of Egypt, after his Iraq's WMD scam know that he is America's appointed man. Opposition know that he was parachuted by the American Administration.

One of the street chants I heard is

"Mubarak Ya Jaban Ya Habib El Amrikaan"

Translation: Oh Mubarak you coward, you are the Americans beloved"

#12     Jan 29, 2011
  3. Someone better for Egypt but not necessarily better for you....Many, many, many respectable nationalist leaders.

#13     Jan 29, 2011

4. Unless you believe that launching attacks on Israel would serve Egypt's best interests (it wouldn't), it seems like we're probably on the same side here, as we both want the exact same thing for Egypt (freedom, human rights, secularism, progress and prosperity).

So, who do <b>you</b> want to take over Egypt? Got any names? (Never mind their first names- probably all 'Mohammed'. Just give me their last names...)

#14     Jan 30, 2011
  5. Unlike you, I firmly believe that I have no right to chose for the Egyptian people, that leader would be produced by the next transparent elections.

One thing you should know, the blank cheque Israel had, including selling you Natural Gas below international prices while the Egyptian people stand in line to get their share, assisting you in your Gaza siege, subsidising your exports and acting as your broker in the Arab world is finished.

Also, keep in mind, Mubarak is viewed by every ideological and grassroot movement as the appointed man for the United States and Israel.

#15     Jan 30, 2011
  6. +1^e

#16     Jan 30, 2011
  7. Unlike you, I firmly believe that I have no right to chose for the Egyptian people, that leader would be produced by the next transparent elections.

-----> Where did I say I have any right to choose? How is naming your desired victor anything like choosing for the Egyptian people? That's okay Sammy, I know this is just your way of saying that you have no idea of any specific people you'd like to see ruling Egypt and you can't think of a single name. :p

One thing you should know, the blank cheque Israel had, including selling you Natural Gas below international prices while the Egyptian people stand in line to get their share, assisting you in your Gaza siege, subsidising your exports and acting as your broker in the Arab world is finished.

-----> Are you sure $1.3 bil worth of nice fresh juicy modern American weaponry every year can't change the new leader's mind about that? That's okay too. We Jews have plenty of interesting ways of making pharaohs change their minds.

#17     Jan 30, 2011
    #18     Jan 30, 2011
  9. Because Marxist economic systems have proven themselves to work so well over the past hundred years? :confused:

Let me share an important universal truth: <b>Wherever men cannot be assured they'll be able to keep the fruits of their own labor, there never will be much fruit.</b> Please think about that one... you'll see that I'm right.

Marxism doesn't work, and Marxism can't work (except in very small communities of first generation idealists, like the Israeli 'Kibbutz' collective farms). Marxism and collectivist economics simply run contrary to basic human nature. Free people need free markets.

#19     Jan 30, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Here's another universal truth: masses of poor, hungry people do not let the rich enjoy their wealth. Capitalism doesn't work either. Mixed economies work.

#20     Jan 30, 2011