CFDs vs. Micros Eminis

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by CaseyB, Jun 12, 2019.

1. CaseyB

CaseyB Sponsor

Micro Eminis trade on centralized markets, so why trade CFDs when you can trade Micro Emini Futures?

Lots of traders buy and sell commodity Contracts for Difference, more popularly known as CFDs. And they typically believe that they are trading a “futures” equivalent. And why not? If the underlying futures go up on price, they make money. If the underlying falls, they experience loss. But the difference, large or small, is real. And so too are the consequences.

Let’s dispel the hype and get to the reality of the situation.

2. Turveyd

Turveyd

No reason, Micro is new, CFD is dead quite rightly so.

CaseyB likes this.
  3. Futures are regulated and are more transparent. CFDs are not regulated, higher risk of getting screwed by brokers. Risk of getting screwed by CFD brokers is particularly high if brokers are on the opposite side of the trade and don't do enough hedging. CFD brokers using DMA (direct market access) model like Interactive Brokers makes me feel safer but still not as safe as regulated futures. With MicroFutures allowing retail investors to take small positions, I can't see what reason to use CFDs anymore.

CaseyB likes this.
  4. qlai

qlai

Good article. I would also include that CFD broker knows your trading history (if you are dumb money). Also knows where your stops are. Same with Forex.

CaseyB likes this.