CFD provider for spread trading

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kaizer, Feb 7, 2020.

1. kaizer

kaizer

bone, unfortunately none of the broker you listed will open account for me, but anyway thanks for the info. Of course I prefer regulated market and regulated broker, but... :(

MichalTr, if you can recommend more please be so kind. IC Markets seems to be that service that I need, but it is full of negative feedback in russian Internet segment and unfortunately it's not possible to separate real feedback from prepaid by competitors.

May be the only real way to prove is open account and allocate very small amount of money and check by myself... but the caveat is strategies I want to use. It's not daytrading and any issues can materialize many months in the future after 'trial' trading and with serious money.

I am sorry for my naive Qs, since I ever traded only regulated futures and never had any trade on forex, cfd, crypto, etc

#11     Feb 13, 2020
  2. MichalTr

MichalTr

Check IG - it is MM but robust one and with that one it should be ok. But you need to check if they have what you want (I think yes). You can also check Pepperstone (but I don't know if it's robust one).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    #12     Feb 13, 2020
  3. MichalTr

MichalTr

It's internet forum about trading. So ppl ask questions here. Better to ask before than to worry later. Btw: "normal" futures with "normal" brokers was good choice - why you need to change it ?

#13     Feb 13, 2020
    kaizer and bone like this.
  4. kaizer

kaizer

thanks I will check firms you mentioned

I look to CFDs only because of regulatory limitation for russian citizens. Besides there are no reasons. I daytrade Euro Bund and clear trades via Dorman Trading but Dorman does not provide proper margin setup for spread trading. I know that CDF are surrogate and quotes are subject of manipulation intraday but hope that for mid/long term it is not issue especially if the position is hedged. So I understand system risks related to CFD and looking for 'good' provider, 'good' here means least worse :)

#14     Feb 14, 2020
  5. kaizer

kaizer

Seems to be one CFD provider can be good for locals and hell for overseas traders. For example feedback about Pepperstone: https://ratingfx.ru/pepperstone-otzyvy/comment/
    You probably do not read russian - on this page only 1 feedback is positive, other are negative. Claims are quote manipulation (spikes), delay with money wire from account up to 9 months, and so on. One of these feedbacks is about the worst case possible - all was ok with small account, but issues begin to araise with 'big' one.

Fairly the same feedbacks are about IC and IG.

So may be the proper choice is forget about CFDs and look into equity pair trading - stocks VS index, ETF VS it's top stocks and so on. Much more expensive and capital consuming way, but without unclear risks of trading non regulated product...

Why I'm looking into spread trading and not just outright on longer term basis is another story. I follow intraday trends and so I trade instrument which demonstrate these favorable condition on regular basis. It is Euro Bund future. For longer term I also need favorable instruments and pairs/spreads seems to be better for trendfollower by risk-reward-capital criterias. At least for my strategy which encapsulates multiple timeframes.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    #15     Feb 14, 2020
  6. MichalTr

MichalTr

I don't use CFD account, so I can't relate to that info.
    But 1 thing seems strange to me - that all brokers you checked have bad opinions. Maybe there is a lot of trolls ? Like to write bad opinions about other brokers to move your interest to some russian broker ?

I propose you to do some simple test - check on your websites info about Oanda and tell if it's legit or same as before. That one will be interesting.

#16     Feb 15, 2020
  7. traderjo

traderjo

So you main interest is Pairs trading with
    Good cross margin relief / advantages? correct ?
    1) Main Exchange traded Futures to Futures ( Exchange recognized spreads like ES/YM) , As Bone mentioned any major FCM should be able to facilitate that + trading platforms like CQG/TT etc
    Why would you consider CFD?*
    2) Main Exchange traded Futures to Futures ( Non Exchange recognized spreads like ES/Soyabean! or other Spreads across country / exchanges and currencies like SGX Nikkei and Japan Nikkei ) I guess you will have to build a relationship with FCM..and ask them very very specifically .. I had seen some Singapore based Futures broker give special margin relief to a trader who was trading gold spread made up of 3 legs on diff exchanges!
    3) Equity pairs:
    - If Single stock futures are liquid enough then consider those
    BUT there may not be cross margin relief!
    - *CFD to CFD:
    Issues would be
    - Maker maker? not a exchange traded product
    - Cross margin relief?
    May be try IG or Saxo? but with above issues
    - Equity pairs with Margin loan
    issues: not much leverage, shorting of one leg could be difficult
    cant mimic odd pairs!

To me it seems it will depend upon "which pair"

#17     Feb 16, 2020
  8. I use AMP Global. They provide CFD's, Forex, Real exchange traded futures and micros all in one platform. They are also pretty cheap.

#18     Feb 16, 2020
  9. kaizer

kaizer

#19     Feb 17, 2020
  10. kaizer

kaizer

AMP provide very small list of CFDs and leverage is not attractive for pair trading. Forex does not interested me at all.

#20     Feb 17, 2020