CFC tanking

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by no. 22, Aug 24, 2007.

1. If you don't know the answer to that question maybe you shouldn't be investing/trading. You already lost a TON of money on CFC and the stock has you babbling nonsense trying to defend it....guess what? ALL your insane babble isn't going to get your lost $money$ back.:D

effy, every time I come across some of you babbling nonsense about how CFC is a great stock long Slim Pickens in DR Strangelove (when he's riding the Nuke into the ground)pops into my mind. :D :D :D :D

yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaa!!! effy you are riding this stock down....ouch!

#61     Sep 9, 2007
  2. I know the answer to the question, which..............is why I posed it. And, I'm waiting (in vain) for YOU to show me a public company, any public company, that doesn't have pending lawsuits. Plethora to choose from.

I've never used the word "great"

52 week and, and, oh six year low, occured August 16th. No net progress since. Conversely, no further erosion of my such massive, scathing, nearly unbearable loss.

Dreaming? Nope. Buying extreme weakness in a quite liquid listed stock, flavor of the week, riding out support discovery, then adding increments as the ax moves his paper. Did I write the word "his". Sure did. Implies ownership. Given 5 points off the low in about 3 hours 8/16 why.......... I can be rectified in a...... "short"............... period of time.

I know you THINK you're twisting the knife, but some of us out there actually pay taxes. As such, an unbooked loss is both a latent asset to offset furture gains elsewere as well as potential recovery/gain. Kinda of a .................a........................a.................."convertible". Being marked to market quarterly, even more so.

IF I don't have losses, then I'm not making enuff attempts. Nothing ventured, then nothing gained. I can end the intense pain with the flick of my wrist. But I'm more interested in the ax's flick.

How do YOU define a ton? I'm curious. In Great Britan, that might be 2,000 pounds.

Defending? Never initiated any thread on CFC. Naw, countering bearshit. And a little sport. The stock's going where it's ultimately going.

You've ego issues, don't cha? Ever thought about elevator shooz? Or, like Longhorns, some Tony Lama alligator cowboy boots? Maybe with a chrome toe to add a twinkle.

#62     Sep 9, 2007
  3. Since you (as a group) subscribe to pithy logic, loose associations, and cause/effect notions, got another question for ya:

Given the choice of just two businesses to be in. witch...........oops, I mean WHICH would you prefer (and why)?

A. Mortgage re-fi's ala' Ditech. People are smart.

or...........

B. Mortgage originations.

Looking forward to the replies.

Pssst, I don't consider any answers to have any bearing on the movement of paper, just going with the "flow".

#63     Sep 9, 2007
  4. 11Blade

11Blade

By my pithy logic, I defer from choosing either. I'd rather buy a chain of Valero gas stations and take my 12% ROI per annum. In the business world, sometimes its better not to do business than lose money doing it.

DiTech is a GMAC company, and originates and re-fi's. GMAC is another company burned by its mortgage unit.

Its a bad time for mortgage originators, insurers, refinanciers and packagers. If your loan can't be resold to FHA or Fannie, you can barely move it. If you can't resell it, how do you get more money to originate more loans?

Issue bonds? Funny CFC did that to BUY back stock while insiders granted options and filled their pockets.

Tap existing credit lines? Funny CFC tapped 11Billion worth (thats an entire annual revenue + 1 billion).

I think the book is not closed on this saga. Time will tell. It always does.

#64     Sep 9, 2007