CFC - ready to surge upward

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 11Blade, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Where is the surge?? Hmmmmmm?

#51     Sep 24, 2007
  2. 11Blade

11Blade

Not sure, but the stock hasn't budged in light of horrible new home sales report today.

down 8% month to month

down a whopping 21% year to year.

I suspect loan originations will suffer, but the stock shrugged off a drop to 17.40 in one day and maintains its levels.

I think the company sucks, the business sucks, but the stock is visibly protected. Breaking below and staying under 18 is unlikely from the 'action'.

#52     Sep 27, 2007
  3. There is no 'protection' This will drop to $3 easily if things get worse for it

Look at Lend, or NEWCQ

no stops, no support, all downhill

#53     Sep 27, 2007
  4. 8%. Gosh.

Stocks don't shrug. Ax might.

Is 21% whopping? On August 16th intra-day low to intra-day high IN CFC exceeds that. And, YTD is 9 months (thus far). In fact, pick just about any NYSE stock. Find it's 52 week low.

Then....................

Find its 52 week high.

Then ............compute.

Business sucks? Maybe. Not a capital intense business, and already demonstrated proportional labor is dispensable. Or is it disposable? I'd rather be in orginations than either re-fi's or hombuilding. But then, pallet-making is pretty fucking lucrative. Less than 6 figure investment in a pallet press, cheap labor (quando, porque, como), scrap wood...............all gravy. Never-ending demand. Universal spec.

Doesn't matter.

I know it's tuff to make a diSTINKshun between an operation and a stock. I'm HERE to help. Like Clara Barton.

Whoosh, that went right over your head, didn't it?

#54     Sep 27, 2007
  5. Um it is down 50% yoy

#55     Sep 27, 2007
  6. Um, you don't have a postion. Just 3600 pearls of wisdom.

But thanks for the clarity. Had every confidence you were good for something.

#56     Sep 27, 2007
  7. You must have lost a lot of money on this. Plan to sell at $13? 11?

#57     Sep 27, 2007
  8. 11Blade

11Blade

In terms of business 21% decrease year to year is fairly bad. hence my "whopping" - add that to existing home sales dropping and a decent amount of subprime loans sold to the CFC bank and the foreclosure exposure and YES the business sucks.

Nice hedge - "maybe"? I say it again, the mortgage business currently is terrible.

But it requires a revolving access to liquidity and capital - things that until recently were not so good for CFC. We all know that mortgage brokers and originators are easily replaceable - no intellectual property there.

Well CFC's origination's business is sucking wind right now, their servicing portfolio makes a bit of money.

Yeah, I am sure the pallet business is a fantastic business. No barrier to entry, cheap labor, sounds like a formula for success - good luck with that.

I claim a distinction between the business, stock action and fundamentals.

Don't ever compare yourself to Clara Barton.. judging for your penchant for attacking people's supposed idiocy, you couldn't hold a flame to her or her achievements.

Good luck with your long position in CFC, I don't personally care whether you make or lose money.

I don't base any of my investing decisions on anything said HERE so please don't help me.

#58     Sep 29, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

52 week lows..........

single digits is possible...

#59     Oct 23, 2007
  10. jbride12

jbride12