CFC - ready to surge upward

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 11Blade, Aug 26, 2007.

1. mde2004

mde2004

You are a dumb ass and that is what counts.

#21     Sep 2, 2007
  2. They do?

Let's see, $14 to $20 is 42.8% but $20 to $14 is only -30%. Same dollar move.

Last time I went to the grocery store, they wanted dollars.

As for shorting, $50 to $0 is 100%. But $20 to $0 is also 100%. Nominal of course.

A dollar from stock X spends the same as a dollar from stock Y, more or less negating "brand loyalty". In fact, the grocer doesn't care WHERE it came from.

The only proper way to use percentages, for comparision purposes is via annualization. Thee..........eh..........time value of money.

Opportunity cost can't be quantified.

As for CFC, nope, not ready to surge, but the damage is done. The starry-eyed munchkins hoping for a BK, aka zero, are SOL.

Pssst, let's build a base!

#22     Sep 2, 2007
  3. #23     Sep 5, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

CFC going to 52 week lows....

if they go bankrupt the markets will easily see a 2-3% drop.

#24     Sep 6, 2007
  5. http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=OBR&Date=20070906&ID=7429121

Record high foreclosures....more to come as we are just getting into the beginning of the upper rate adjustments to mortgages.

CFC earnings will tumble in the coming months. The tan man himself said housing will be terrible well into 2008 and further. You'd have to be a complete idiot to step in long expecting the stock to rally upward and trend higher from here. Not an advisable trade.

The stock has been trying to consolidate here at the $18 range on the BOA deal. When the rumors on terrible earnings kicks in (or any of a # of possible negative issues) the stock will move to the downside. For now wait on entry to short even though the stock is making new lows on the close. I closed my short positions a few weeks back @$17-18 on the major down day.

They will be losing more money on defaults on loans and buyers of new mortgages are non existent.

The stock is closing lower every day. Exercise patience pick your spots for a good entry short.

#25     Sep 6, 2007

6. Yep, shorting at $18ish is far better than $42. Afterall, they BOTH have the potential of 100%. Nominal of course.

Ever consider going the the neighborhood movie theater and yelling "fire"????

#26     Sep 6, 2007
  7. Effy, IF you read my post I am out of the stock currently(no positions). I rode this stock down from $40+ to $17-18 when I closed my position. I closed my SHORT position on a nice price decline and on a major market down day and high volume for CFC.

I have suggesting watching/waiting/patience in the near term until the earnings rumors begin to crumble this stock further. I feel the stock will trade at current levels before the final breakdown occurs. For smart traders (Not you) watch and wait for the break down to take CFC down for further profits and short the stock.

It is a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than being LONG at $35 a share like you are. :D
    I have made nice profits and you have fallen in love with CFC/Mozillo and are getting crushed.

CFC stock is taking a pause right here before earnings and further housing problems drive it down.

#27     Sep 6, 2007
  8. There you go...More job cuts

10k-12k jobs over 3 months.

#28     Sep 7, 2007
  9. 11Blade

11Blade

The question is.. is that bad or good for the stock.?

(Obviously the company is not in good shape.)

#29     Sep 7, 2007
  10. Well, they are saving a hell of a lot more money... hope they go bankrupt buy doubtful. I will be a buyer when there is even more blood in the water and new 52 week lows in due time.

#30     Sep 7, 2007