CFA passing rate %- Quick reveiw

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Nana Trader, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Shehab

Shehab

I agree with 100% on MFE.

I recently finished an MBA with a concentration in Financial Engineering. I will start trading at a prop house soon. I hope to actively use my knowledge to build models that are market executable in the future.

I do have one warning. Do not become a code monkey. Many of the students who did the full FinEng Graduate Certificate have ended up working in Market Risk Management at full service brokerage houses, dealing with post market data as opposed to active market. Further only 1 out of the 9, I know is allowed to trade. If you want to trade, tell them from get go and stick to it till you get it - Best if you get a chance to intern with a Quant Trader in the FX market usually in UK ..Good luck to you and all others out there.

#11     Apr 9, 2007
  2. Then what you are doing in trading forum? Are you telling us, you studied for several years which was complete waste and decided to become a trader now?

#12     Apr 10, 2007
  3. Did you go for key concepts, exam flashback,......which course materials you used?

#13     Apr 10, 2007
  4. ERIROY

ERIROY

This web site is about TRADING not about financial analysis. If you guys think, CFA exam can help you in trading, you wrong!
    I have a formation in financial analysis, 1st and 2nd degree in finance......in my first few months of trading i learned that trading and financial analysis can be an expensive mix :(

Financial Analysis is good for investors not traders!

Good trading to the traders!

#14     Apr 10, 2007
  5. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I didn't say that it won't help you land a nice job. Yes, it was a complete waste, and yes I am now a trader. However, I was able to mesh the two into one nice package.

So, who crapped in your Corn Flakes??

#15     Apr 10, 2007