cervical neck pinch

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by stochastix, Feb 16, 2021.

1. How do you deal with this? The chiropracter has a machine called the https://genesisback.com/what-is-drx9000/ that is supposed to fix it without surgery.. it helped a lot initially, then i guess one of the vertabra pulled back together except this time it grabbed a different nerve root and now the pain is worse than when i started

I think i need a surgeon but im dreading dealing with the fucking insurance company who will surely require ineffective 'therapies' before paying for it

[​IMG]

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What symptoms do you have?

3. destriero

destriero

Elevate your mattress with one of those wedges. Get an inversion machine and spend 15 minutes/day inverted.

stochastix likes this.
  4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

SLOWLY move your neck left to right until you reach a pain point. Do this all the time at your PC. DO NOT rotate your head. I had the same problem and avoided surgery (which the doctors said I needed) by doing these things and continuing to see a chiropractor for a number of years. However, he was a hands on type of guy and did not resort to any machines, which were clearly visible in his office. Fixed my neck and a number of back issues. And I agree with Dest...elevation and neck support during sleep are crucial. Avoid surgery at all costs!

stochastix likes this.
  5. In case you spend many hours per day sitting at a desk in front of a computer: adjust your seating position and monitor position. Avoid moving/tilting your head backwards.
    Also, the exercises as mentioned by @Big AAPL are useful. There are a few more exercises which help to strengthen your muscles in this area.

6. for last year just really stiff , and then recently left index and middle finger going numb.. initially there was a drastic improvement and finger numbness went away, but out of the blue the pain and irritation went from a 0 to an 8 , weakness such that its quite difficult to do pushups when usually its no problem to do a fair amount of reps

I actually do not spend all that much in front of computer, its the accumulation of so
    Thanks.. I got a neck hammock thing.. I will take time to connect that properly and I have an inversion table that I just put back into my living room and will dedicate 15 mins to that a day.. I was hurting too much to really excercise which I do a lot and usually have been pain free for quite some time for the most part and suddenly its debilitating in this area I think the MRIs show that the disc is really bulged and impinging upon a nerve, I cannot see how the foraminotomy which costs approximately $14k could be any worse than the lumbar fusion which was over 100K. Won't this thing be a ticking time bomb forever if I don't get the nerve path ways freed up again? I will try the neck left and right thing though as well. that is a nice idea thanks for the tips

destriero likes this.
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

And regular adjustments at the chiro did not help?

8. Initially they did, but when the vertebra pulled back together it must have pinched a different nerve than the initial pinch because the pain got worse again.. i'll go back and have them up the force.. it starts out at 17/lbs and scales up about 1/lb per week

9. destriero

destriero

Start slow. Don't go to full inversion on the first session unless everything feels good. Go a few minutes per day for the first week. Work up to 3x5 minute session per day.

stochastix likes this.
  10. One thing many people overlook is that it is not just the vertebrae being in the incorrect position. But also that the soft tissue between the vertebrae got damaged or too soft. And thus allowing the vertebrae to shift position. There seems to be not much that can be done if this soft tissue is damaged, other than avoiding it being stressed.

#10     Feb 17, 2021