Certified Technical Analyst

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ShawnS, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ShawnS

ShawnS

Hi, I was wondering if its possible to get a job as a Certified Technical Analyst without actually trading. Does anyone do this currently or know of any such thing? Thanks in advance.

2. It's about as possible as being a major league baseball player without playing or even being in the major's.

The job your thinking of would not be a technical analyst because that has to do with the most profitable ways of trading.

If you were to be dealing with the most profitable ways of trading than you would HAVE to be trading.

Your thinking of some other occupation.

3. Here ya go.

• jobs.jpg
      File size:
      204.5 KB
      Views:
  4. Look into becoming a CMT.

http://www.mta.org/eweb/StartPage.aspx

What is a CMT Designation?
    The Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation is the culmination of a certification process in which candidates are required to demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of technical analysis of the financial markets. It is made up of an educational component, an experience requirement, an ethics requirement, and a membership requirement… Learn More >>

5. Of course it's possible, I am sure there are plenty of analysts who never trade (better for them given their analysis).

And no TA is probably not the "most profitable way to trade".
    Otherwise everyone on here would be rich.

6. I was talking about the most profitable strategy an individual trader can use and come up with.

If your not trading at all than most likely you can't give successful market judgements when it comes to trading.

Even if your analysis was spot on who would take advice from you if your not actually trading (Other than suckers)?

7. So true. 90%+ of traders depend on TA and 90%+ lose their money. Do the math

8. Just because you lose money using technical analysis doesn't mean everyone does.

Grow up.

9. Its a good idea, your just 30 some odd years too late...

10. I can hardly think of a more worthless designation.

#10     Dec 10, 2008