CEO to Workers: I May Fire You if Obama Wins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Oct 12, 2012.

1. It's not rhetorical, it's definitional. Either you can appreciate the need for accuracy in defining words or you can't.

#51     Oct 13, 2012
  2. I really don't care if you "disagree".

Maybe you can post some actual examples and I will point out where the self-interest comes in. In the case of politicians and corporations, it will almost always boil down to getting positive publicity.

#52     Oct 13, 2012
  3. I was responding to the implication that it was only the business/corporate world that would attempt to avoid costs. If that wasn't the implication you were going for, then I stand corrected.

If it was, then you are wrong because humans in general attempt to avoid costs if there is no compensating benefit, regardless of their involvement with the business/corporate world.

#53     Oct 13, 2012
  4. Actual example. Hank Paulson. :D He didn't become TS for any personal benefit, he wanted to give back to his country. :cool:

#54     Oct 13, 2012
  5. Non public co are people.

#55     Oct 13, 2012
  6. Yeah, I'm sure he did. His acceptance of the position had nothing to do with the power that comes with it.

It's no wonder so many of the traders here can't make a buck in the markets. You have no concept of reality.

#56     Oct 13, 2012
  7. What percentage of US companies with 50 or more full time employees does not offer health care coverage? Anyone know? I would guess a majority, but that's only a guess.
    I have worked for a companies with more than and less than 50 employees and they all offered robust health plans.

Further, does anyone know if Obamacare will put additional costs on employers who already do offer health care, and if so, what are they?

#57     Oct 13, 2012
  8. Here's the cliff notr version of my health plan (NY) self employed. My premiums are 300 month. I checked at my enrollment period earlier this year to upgrade. My plan is no longer available. I can keep it for now (granfathered under Obama care for the moment). To repllace my policy as is = 1700 a month. Moral of story - don't let this sucka lapse.

#58     Oct 13, 2012
  9. The man was head of GS, can't get more power than that.

#59     Oct 13, 2012
  10. When he was head of Goldman, his name wasn't on the currency, was it?

#60     Oct 13, 2012