Central Banking models

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Apex, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Where are the post of TreadmillTrader ??? what happened to him ?

#41     Dec 9, 2009
  2. Well, IMHO, the ECB's independence is a matter of construction, rather than anything particularly European...

Agree with your latter points... European societies are, for a variety of historical reasons, more paternalistic.

To SNB: I disagree with you on one fundamental point. You seem to think that a fully deregulated, completely private economy is more optimal in the long run. I think that such an economy will always run into coordination issues. Most trivial example is bank runs. This implies that there's a need for some sort of a non-mkt public entity.

#42     Dec 9, 2009
  3. Thank you Sir Martinghoul,

I clearly love to be in disagrement with you. It's a pleasure to have a discussion between sensible, discussing individuals. Agreeing or disagreeing at the End saying that the Earth is flat doesn't make it flat :)

The Bank runs, is real problem as you said. However I think that you know that the market is done for this...

Destroying the weak bank, making all their clients lost everything, and then the market will learn the so old saying....

Never puts all your eggs in the same basket !

Furthermore the survivor bank will be the strongest bank on Earth. And will be able to reign on the Banking industry... Until greed took them...

So in a sense, you see the CBS as a protection against greed or lust?

#44     Dec 9, 2009
  4. that's when discussing policy , ti's most ambogious. It's like sayiny what it would be like asking what it would be like if there wasn't a central bank.

the most distrubing thing is the cynics have a point looking at the state of the economy.

#45     Dec 9, 2009
  5. TreadmillTrader,

I think that you clearly don't understand. Why did you destroy your post ? So you are afraid from the evil... do you know what that's mean ? That the Good exists :)

Furthermore, if we want to be sure that the fire on the top of Statue of Liberty burns forever, we need to remember, that what ever the subject, we can discuss it. Without fear. Traders, Investors, hardcore market makers are Intellectuals... not crying monkeys as they want the public to think. And if we can't have this discussion here some one else will have it sooner or later... And who know's what he will do of the conclusion... ( you know if you conclude that the Earth is round, but you say to everyone it's flat you gain a relative Advantage... however the price is lying to the others... And if you don't respect the other how could you respect yourself ?)

And furthermore, I think that everyone of us, want the best for his children ( better on my watch than on theirs ), so why did you hide your post ?

Do you think it will make you more smart ? I just see a man, that don't understand the world. No one is here to make ugly things... everyone wants to be able to see himself in a glass and be able to look directly to the eye of his child...

#46     Dec 9, 2009
  6. you are totally right.
    One thing is sure, going from a system with a CBS to one without... is just the hardest adventure endured by man... As one of them said it best :

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

However the American People lend on the moon... And that my friend, was still harder :)

#47     Dec 9, 2009
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

i think one of the main problems is the methods used to control aggregate demand have other economic impact. for example interest rate alterations have repayment and return affects on lenders and borrowers. however the interest rate has been set to meet inflation targets. the other factors are more important and that is now realised. there is an alternative find a way of controlling aggregate demand that does not have other consequences.

#48     Dec 9, 2009
  8. I morganist,

Where does come your obsession to control aggregate demand ? I don't see your point ? Are you afraid of men ? Afraid of the good jugment of Mothers and Fathers ?

You know, the LAW is made, too, to protect the citizen. Not only to impose rule on him.

Our environnement needs to be protected without anydoubt...

And to show you that how far you go in the darkness there is no hope... because light reveal all, I will quote you one of yours:

" The State does not function as we desired. The car does not obey. A man is at the wheel and seems to lead it, but the car doesn't drive in the desired direction. It moves as ANOTHER FORCE WISHES... "

VLADIMIR LENIN...

And do you know who is this other FORCE ? It's God :)

#49     Dec 10, 2009
  9. oh and Apex,

You can't be the roots and the predator at the same time...

loser

#50     Dec 10, 2009