Census workers can enter your house whenever they want.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, May 28, 2010.

1. of course that is bs but i am sure it will not deter you. comments from the site:

True Conservative

May 27th, 2010
    6:25 pm
    Bob, either you’re an idiot who cannot understand the law or you’re intentionally lying to stir up web hits. Those are the only two options.

No census employee has access to your home or apartment when you’re not there, and to be there when you’re not there defeats the entire point of their job, to have someone present at the home to answer census questions.

All you’re doing is trying to rabble rouse people too stupid to actually read the law of their own accord, and this is coming from someone who would have voted Bush for a third term.

LinkReport this comment.Brad

May 27th, 2010
    6:26 pm
    While I often agree with Barr, this story is crazy. I am a temporary census worker who knocks on doors and went through the training. While I could tell you tales of waste and inefficiency that would curl your hair, census workers are not told that they can enter anybody’s residence. In fact, we are encouraged to stay outside even if you are home and invite us in. No census worker with any sanity would attempt to enter an empty residence. I am not in the habit of defending the government, which I generally despise, but it must be said also that the census questions that we are asking are pretty innocuous. How many people? Male or female? Age on Census Day and birth date, are you Hispanic? Race? Do you own or rent, and if you own is there a mortgage? Do you sometimes live someplace else? That is about it. Perhaps they have no business asking anything other than “How many people live here”? But they have been taking names, ages, etc. every ten years for a couple of hundred years. They do maintain that all personal information is kept confidential for 72 years. So, decide for yourself if it is too intrusive, but don’t believe that somebody is going to enter your home when you are not there. Old Bob is a great guy, but he can over do it now and again.

2. Watch out Freethinker...I'm going to get a job as a census worker now and come to your place when you are not there and put bibles everywhere. I'll program your remote so that when you turn on the TV, it will be christian channels on and I will lock out all the other channels. I will also reprogram your radio to all Christian stations, and get on your computer and set your homepage to www.jesuslovesme.com.

:D

3. come on over. i had some 7th dayers come to my door the other day trying to convert me. i had fun with that.
    believe it or not i occasionally watch christian programing. i find it amusing and imformative.