Censorship on ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by realtor, Nov 7, 2005.

1. realtor

realtor

Actually, your judgment is highly suspect, based on your response to the thread in question, which makes your endorsement damaging.
    Alternately, what they did was delete a thread that was highly enthusiastic. Any questionable posts could have been edited or deleted without removing the thread.

If they erred on the side of being too severe, that's still an error. And you've said nothing to convince me otherwise.

#21     Nov 14, 2005
  2. What planet are you from?

They may in fact be "really good guys", but your observation that posts haven't been cut because they are critical of advertisers is WAY off base. I've seen it done many times, and I've seen good people leave the site because of it.

Whether or not they have the right to do it is one thing. But making the comment that it doesn't happen is just ignorant.

#22     Nov 14, 2005
  3. Pabst

Pabst

There were multiple "new members" coming out of the woodwork to cheer lead that thread. I find that suspicious. There's always been a protocol here about spamming for chat rooms. It is after all a sponsor driven site. If this BS artist is making so much $$$ then run an ad.

#23     Nov 15, 2005
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Unless it's been something libelous, I can't think of an instance. At any given time there can be three different IB Sux threads and Bright's been getting beat up on for years.

In fact just think about the BS innuendo on some of those IB threads. Guys claiming their accounts were hacked into ect. Yet those threads stay up even though there's no truthful content in them. Hell I bash IB, IMO they DO suck but what's fair is fair....

Not to mention if some "good people" have left just because of some deleted posts that were aimed at at a sponser I'd say they should either grow up or that they're raving assholes. JMO.

#24     Nov 15, 2005
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

what unusual about ET is as sponsors they got more heat and abused than usual, they should got bravery medal at their anniversary. I suggest Baron create a legend telling readers how many years a sponsor had been with ET, I am sure they will wear it loud and proud and also this legend will help newbies in making inform decision in their selection process.

#25     Nov 19, 2005