Censorship on ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by realtor, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I have found the ignore feature, and it works very well :)

#11     Nov 11, 2005
  2. thks globalfxtrainer, i've so far refrained from using it but your right after all, will give it a go! cheers ;-)

#12     Nov 11, 2005
  3. realtor

realtor

I don't get your point.

Since I violated none of the above, your post appears meaningless.

#13     Nov 11, 2005
  4. realtor

realtor

I asked for 2 basic things and was denied.

1) A description of where the glowing accounts of the signals (and the person who generates them) became spam, and 2) a response as to whether the thread deletion was a mistake or just a knee-jerk response to "supposed" spam. As part of #2, I wanted to know if ET now required me to refrain from speaking glowingly or would they acknowledge the mistake and allow discussion to continue.

(The moderator didn't refer me to you, rather it was the other way around. I wrote W.E. for an explanation.)

At this latter point I reached what appeared to be a stonewalling. W.E. later wrote me that he had been unavailable for a while and wasn't ignoring me, although his earlier reply had come quickly enough. Whether he was actually unavailable for DAYS I don't really know. I assumed a moderator of a 24x7 entity like ET would be a little more available. I told him I expected a reply within 3 days. When 4 days came and went I posted publicly here.

Finally, I feel better having had your reply in more detail, vague as it is. I think you folks were wrong in your characterization of spam, but you are certainly within your rights to act.

I told them (TI) about what happened here and they made a couple decisions about it. According to them, they will advertise here shortly and they will give me a discount on their products for (future tense) support. I have received nothing from them to date will receive nothing if I fail to make a future purchase.

All of which says nothing about the benefits your members would receive by learning about the new stuff these guys have developed.

I have a tendency to give the benefit of the doubt and to encourage people.

That's not spam.

You're right -- if there was spam, I didn't notice it.

Thank you for replying in more detail.

#14     Nov 11, 2005
  5. realtor

realtor

Yup.

#15     Nov 11, 2005
  6. realtor

realtor

I think you'll get your wish, misguided as it is.

#16     Nov 11, 2005
  7. realtor

realtor

Clarification

You stopped responding and I then found a moderator on my own.

This moderator referred me to Baron for advertising my real estate website. (?)

This moderator also ridiculed my assertion that I wasn't associated with TI (his omniscience would make him millions in the markets).

"We" doesn't include me.

#17     Nov 11, 2005
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

don't hold your breath, it is not like TI never heard of ET, and why suddenly change of heart after year of sneaky ad attack.

#18     Nov 12, 2005
  9. Pabst

Pabst

The thread was as over the top`spam as I've ever seen. I would have deleted it after two posts.

I met Baron and Joe up here in Chicago last summer. I'm pretty good at sizing folks up. They're both REALLY good guys and and they don't whimsically put a buck or even their own self interest above content. Just look at the anti sponsor threads that pop up. If someone has real gripe about IB or Bright, they let it stand. What they won't do`is let their members be hooked by snake oil.

#19     Nov 12, 2005
  10. realtor

realtor

In what particular way?

#20     Nov 12, 2005