Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 10, 2003.
Is censorship hurting elitetrader?
Maybe I'm missing something, but who's getting censored? I see the "F" word and the "S" word used all the time on ET and none of that is being removed. Or, are we talking about censorship of ideas/opinions that perhaps are in conflict with our sponsoring firms?
UHHH haven't you overlooked something ?
I don't see any censorship;
Don't you find it strangely perverted that you cannot use these simple words to describe bodily functions on national television or God forbid see a naked female breast, but programs where dozens of humans are slaughtered and everything is shown in full detail (except genitalia of course) are rated PG or PG13? What is wrong with that picture?
Think about it, and if someone can, please explain it to me on a basic level.
How will it hurt a 13 year old to see a naked breast?
Why will it not hurt a 13 year old to see thousands of people shot to death, tortured, stabbed, blown up etc as it be normal every day life (as opposed to seeing a human body without clothes)?
I believe that Baron is doing a superb job of keeping spammers away from elite trader. Just one look at any other trader's message board will make you appreciative of the job he's doing.
Spam, not obscenities is the true worthy target of any censor.
Besides, as long as I'm free to point out that Islam is a sick evil twisted death cult, I'm happy.
Thanks for letting us know. They almost fooled me into thinking it were a normal religion like Christianity and the terrorists were evildoers who just happened to have that religion, like the Christians who burned witches or brutally slaughtered the native Americans in the most excessive holocaust ever or those who ran concentration camps. Or like the Jews who systematically terrorize and murder Palestinians and are destroying their home land. Or the Stalinists (if you want to consider that a religion) who murdered millions of political opponents and certain ethnic groups.
But it's good to learn from somebody like you who has taken the time to study Islam in order to inform us that it is an evil death cult. Now if you could just give us the exact quote in their scripture which states that, you could make a lot of discussion redundant.
You may already know about this one: O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. [al-Ma'idah 5:51.11]
But did you know that there are 123 verses in the Quran concerning fighting and killing for the cause of Allah? Here are but a few passages:
-Muslims are encouraged to be wholly occupied (Sura 2:273) with fighting for Allah's cause.
- Allah will give "a far richer recompense to those who fight for him" (Sura 4:96).
- Regarding infidels (unbelievers), they are the Muslim's "inveterate enemies" (Sura 4:101). Muslims are to "arrest them, besiege them and lie in ambush everywhere" (Sura 9:5) for them. They are to "seize them and put them to death wherever you find them, kill them wherever you find them, seek out the enemies of Islam relentlessly" (Sura 4:90). "Fight them until Islam reigns supreme" (Sura 2:193). "Cut off their heads, and cut off the tips of their fingers" (Sura 8:12).
- If a Muslim does not go to war, Allah will kill him (Sura 9:39). He is to be told, "the heat of war is fierce, but more fierce is the heat of Hell-fire" (Sura 9:81).
- A Muslim must "fight for the cause of Allah with the devotion due to him" (Sura 22:78)
- Muslims must make war on the infidels (unbelievers) who live around them (Sura 9:123).
- Muslims are to be "ruthless to unbelievers" (Sura 48:29).
- A Muslim should "enjoy the good things" he has gained by fighting (Sura 8:69).
- A Muslim can kill any person he wishes if it be a "just cause" (Sura 6:152).
- Allah loves those who "fight for his cause" (Sura 61:3).
Anyone who fights against Allah or renounces Islam in favor of another religion shall be "put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off alternative sides" (Sura 5:34).
- Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him. Sahih Al-Bukhari (9:57)
- Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. (Koran 9:5)
- Take him and fetter him and expose him to hell fire. (Koran 69:30-37)
- I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them. (Koran 8:12)
- They should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides. (Koran 5:33)
- Know that paradise is under the shades of swords. Sahih al-Bukhari Vol 4 p55
Let me post your reply for you, as I've had this discussion countless times.
Your reply will be "Tu quoque":
"Duh, but yeah, the Bible has lots of horrible violent stuff too", you'll say.
My reply to that will be that to find Christian violence you need to open a history book. To find Islamic violence, just turn on any news channel.
Afghanistan, Indonesia, Algeria, Nigeria, Turkey, Kenya, Sudan,
Azerbaijans, Eritrea, Armenia, Chechnya, Daghestan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Russia, Lebanon, Philipines, India, Israel, France, Ivory Coast, Bengladesh, Thailand, NYC....where there's Islam there's almost always senseless violence, death & destruction.
You're naive enough to believe that "Jews systematically terrorize and murder Palestinians and are destroying their home land.", so I'll waste no more time on you. Muslims will use nuclear weapons against the civilized world within our lifetimes. Let's see if you'll still be a koran-hugger when you find out what they have in store for us in the coming decades.
You are obviously a terrible person, and if you keep this up,
I'll be forced to add you to my.... 'BUDDY LIST"
( a punishment far worse than death ).
Religious people have all the answers - did'nt you know that ?
Even the biggest river cannot add a drop to a cup which is already full.
We can all agree that violence and prejudice are not good things.
There are people of all faiths who are devout pacifists, and there are others in many, particularly Islam and Christianity, who are dangerous fanatical warmongers who use their religious dogma as an excuse for atrocities and genocide.
If you think that Christian violence is only found in history books, you are missing much. Do you consider the atrocities against the Bosnian Moslems in the 1990's to be history book material? To me that is current events. The Serbs were a Christian denomination (Eastern Orthodox). The Croatians were another Christian denomination (Catholic). Do you think the violence in Northern Ireland is not a largely religious-based violence, by two sects of Christianity against each other?
The New Testament states that we should "turn the other cheek" rather than return violence for violence. I don't think the predominantly Christian western "civilized world" has learned the meaning of that injunction. The current atmosphere of militaristic violence toward Islamic nations is a "Christian violence", don't kid yourself that it isn't. That is, it is a violence perpetrated by people professing membership in the Christian religion, who nonetheless clearly do not understand what the fundamental precepts of Christianity are suppose to be about.
Anti-Christian violence from Islamic nations and anti-Islamic violence from Christian nations are more like each other than they are different. We need to oppose all such fanaticism, before it destroys us all.
It is no great surprise to me that the man who is unable to tell the difference between President Bush and Adolf Hitler, is equally unable to tell the difference between Christianity and Islam.
Separate names with a comma.