Cellectis CLLS CAR T Sympathy Play on Novartis

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Stock Trader Lance J, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Cellectis stock exploded higher on July 14, 2017, as a sympathy play on Novartis FDA panel approval for their CAR T therapy treatment. Novartis is expected to get the first FDA approval of a CART T therapy by October 2017. The estimated price tag of the treatment is $500,000.

The catalyst for Cellectis is that they have created a universal CART T cell-line that can be mass produced and used in anyone which will bring the cost of treatment way down.

clls-stock-chart.png

Notice the two pocket pivot (blue dots) signals over the last two days. The large players volume suggests that big players are buying the stock. The Twiggs Money Flow confirms that the stock is under accumulation. Still, I think this stock is a horrible entry right now for swing traders like myself.

It is better to buy on a pullback and consolidation than it is get all excited and then chase a stock higher. Sympathy moves tend to be short lived.

I think it's worth putting CLLS on our watch list because their CART T treatment seems superior to Novartis' but I see no reason to get too excited and chase the stock higher right now.

vanzandt likes this.