Celeron Vs. P4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rs7, Jan 16, 2003.

1. igsi

igsi

Nowadays it's very common. Perhaps nearly all notebooks have one. 5+ years ago it was not that common, so Toshiba and Apple stood out to that extent.

#41     Jan 20, 2003
  2. rs7

rs7

Ok, thanks...seems like an important (or at least useful) feature.

Peace,
    :)rs7

#42     Jan 20, 2003
  3. The P4 and the Celeron share the same exact core. The P4 has a bigger internal cache, allowing it to outperform the Celeron to a marked degree.

You want a cheap kick ass computer? Buy a used PIII, 733 or up for next to nothing. Make sure you have 256 min. ram. For what you do, it will be extremely fast, even if you were to do online trading. Also, use WIN2000 Pro or XP Pro, the rest of MS OS's are junk.

If you want small, then there are plenty of options in the micro ATX mother board format, such as a case, this size: 13 1/2" * 5 5/8" * 13 5/8" (H*W*D). Only boards available are in the P4 format though.

#43     Jan 20, 2003
  4. I have never seen one that didn't have the external monitor port as well as ports for keyboard and mouse. And they are dirt cheap also:

http://www.salescircular.com/fl/computer/laptpp.shtml

Plug in your full size keyboard and mouse and you're ready to go.

#44     Jan 20, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

ice,

The faster, the more memory, the better. For my needs, my C series is fine. Battery life is improving slowly, but it is improving. FWIW, I just have an extra battery stick for mine...

The E series isn't so much a successor as it is a more sophisticated platform, e.g., higher resolutions, faster CPU's, etc.

nitro

#45     Jan 20, 2003
  6. The one on the right is the entire computer:

[​IMG]

#46     Jan 20, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

#47     Jan 20, 2003
  8. rs7

rs7

Nitro...send me some money and I won't rat you out to the fire department:)

:D :D

#48     Jan 20, 2003
  9. thanks again for the info!:D

Think I'm gonna go with fujitsu... gotta compare with one more.

Just one more thing, since you've had so many... ever bother with screen insurance or extended warranties? I'm getting input over hear and she's telling me to "cut the cards" by insuring the screen.

Thanks for any comments

Regards,

I

#49     Jan 21, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

RS7,

LMAO. Not much after I took this picture, a huge spark went off in the fuse box and shut down the entire house. Upon inspection, the wires were fused in the distribution point. The electrician said I was lucky not to have caused a fire.

I have since moved my stuff to the basement where the electricity was done from scratch.

Miss the wood floors and the nice light though...

nitro :(

#50     Jan 22, 2003