Celeron Vs. P4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rs7, Jan 16, 2003.

1. thanks for info on Fijitsu; have been spending the past couple weeks searching and was getting ready to buy Toshiba. Never owned a laptop... but you're strong recommendation and experience owning these, has changed my mind :D (clarity is a big factor but so is speed and battery life!)

Was wondering what model you have, proc., ram etc., what's "unusual" about the shell, if it has wireless keyboard and wireless mouse; if you bought online, and can we get an extended warranty.

Could only find one re-seller in Chicago, in the S. Loop.

Going to use for trading in a network via cable modem; but now want flexibility of being able to follow markets while travelling, or trade from other locales.

Wuld sincerely appreciate any further input u can offer here or via a p/m. Thanks

Ice
    :cool:

#31     Jan 19, 2003
  2. gnome

gnome

FWIW... My prior laptop was Fuji. No complaints. My current one is HP (which has been rated #1 for support and service). My HP has also been trouble free.

Check their online store... often $100-200 less than you can buy elsewhere. Also check the big computer store chains.. often have even better rebates. :D

#32     Jan 19, 2003
  3. did just take a look at their online store...

was reading reviews from the notebook "triathlon"... apparently fijitsu is real sturdy, but speed reported not as quick. Don't know if they're talking E series, though?

thnx again!

#33     Jan 19, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Ice,

When I bought my Lifebook C series a year ago, I had scowered the Internet for it after seeing it at Best Buy! I could not find it at the usual places that I do business on the Internet, so I just went for it.

My computer is PIII 1.2. It has 512 MB and a 40 GB HD. It has all kinds of other things that I do not really need like a rewriteable CD, and a DVD player. It has ample connections in the form of several USB and Firewire ports. Another thing that was terrific was the capacity to connect to an external monitor.

All in all, even today, I go into the CDW's and other computer stores, and my screen is just stunning by comparison to these laptops. What is funny is, I don't see Fujitsu anywhere!!??

Bear in mind that my main trading setup is eight flat panel monitors and a dual Xeon P4 2.4 machine with 2GB of RAM. However, whenever I have only needed to trade without the need for alot of screen real estate and state of the art speed, my Fujitsu is more than adequate.

nitro

#34     Jan 20, 2003
  5. 8? Here's an idea, buy 100 to start with and sell one after each losing trade to arrive at the optimum number of monitors needed.

#35     Jan 20, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

Would I be using one of your flip a coin systems, and do I get to add a monitor back after each winning trade?

nitro

#36     Jan 20, 2003
  7. my new system uses 8 coins

#37     Jan 20, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

LMAO

nitro :D

#38     Jan 20, 2003
  9. thanks bro...

looking into Fijitsu; monitor quality/brightness good for preservation of eyes... :cool:

Have u found speed issues as per 2002 triathlon tests which, although giving them a bronze medal for durability... stated that battery and processor speed was down the ladder compared to other contestants.

Also, is the "E" series successor to "Cs"?

Thanks

:)

#39     Jan 20, 2003
  10. rs7

rs7

When I was in the Gateway store, the guy there told me all the laptops could connect to an external monitor. Is that just a Gateway feature? Or was he wrong?

Thanks,
    :)rs7

#40     Jan 20, 2003