Celente has accurate past record: TOP 12 trends for 2012.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DreamAlloy, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Didnt mean to derail the topic I apologise. Everyone has his likes and dislikes I guess.

#11     Dec 23, 2011
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"they will shut down the internet,"
    i suggest you google the words congress and internet to follow the bills being introduced in the US congress to give the president the power to shut down the internet under the filmiest of pretexts..

#12     Dec 23, 2011
  3. In a September 2000 Parade magazine profile by Michael Ryan, Celente was quoted as saying, "We're not going to have significant inflation or recession for the foreseeable future."

At the end of 2005 he claimed the next year would see a popular movement for some US states to secede. No such movement emerged, and a year later instead he predicted a trend toward "civility" and "healing" in the country.

He predicted that in 1994 a major trend of rising "ubiquitous" crime in US cities would begin. Instead, according to FBI figures, US violent crime rates declined every year for a decade and property crime diminished to levels well below that in 1993, when he made that prediction.

In 1997 he said that 1998 would see a "mad cow" stock market of unprecedented volatility and ultimately a large negative correction. The 1998 market was indeed more volatile than in immediately prior years, but it was hardly on an unprecedented scale and the year in fact enjoyed substantial net gains on indexes such as the S&P 500, which rose by almost 27%, in contrast to the 25% to 35% drop he envisioned.

For 2006 he said that US exports would suffer due to negative publicity resulting from Hurricane Katrina. However, exports of all goods, and specifically of consumer products, which presumably would be most affected given his reasoning, increased by roughly the same real-dollar amount in 2006 as they had in 2005.

In 1992, at a time when trade reforms were much in the news, he claimed there would be a "another Great Depression" due to trade barriers and protectionism. By late 2001, Celente opined that there was greater than a 50% chance of a massive international depression chiefly due to excess production, although ironically also the presence of markets relatively free of trade restrictions.

-----------

You see why he appears on FOXNews?

#13     Dec 24, 2011
  4. I love it!! Celente predicted the crash of '09, then it was '10, now it's probably '12/13. Go Gerald!! Get on the George Noory show and push your latest book to the Amazon #1 spot for a few days again...

#14     Dec 24, 2011